ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2020   #1
Curtis

Default Hi from TN

So new here... bought my 91 #837 white with red insides end of Sept from a Ford place in Cullman Alabama.... found it listed as a base model at 3am on a Sunday morning and by 10:30 found a salesman’s personal number and pulled onto the lot 8:30 am Monday......got a good deal and was what I wanted believe a lot of it is fate color and mileage I wanted 123k.... sure I’d like a never driven car that spend 30 years in a bubble but would feel like a tool for driving it sideways in the rain.... So new to the zr1 but have helped on vettes before and built everything over the years. Mustang’s, Camaro’s, GN’s, Cobras, Gt-40’s, Honda’s, Mitsubishi’s, boats, Apache’s Chinook’s Hawks and 58’s in the army and experimental s to citation 10’s as a civilian after that finished my Engineering degree and started building and restoring custom parts in my shop..... Want to act a fool and see if I can get a reliable 4 digits out of this car but really makes no sense when I can do a base model with a twin turbo ls and have pennies on the dollar of building the LT5 so sticking to normality...Car had the old school borla system , one of Mr Halbecks chips, K&N and a shifter.

Since I got it .....fixed the beast mode switch, the vacuum system for the secondaries that required a boost control solenoid from a 300zx twin turbo and a bleed on the map sensor under the ecu, extra grounds with a side post optima, new bilsteins don’t like the valving feels like a boat on touring fronts will be sent in, also went with a set of 13 inch eradispeed rotors all around with Baer pads and a DeWitts pro series two core......you would think factory radiators could handle 7k rpm shifts under 30 years old.....also called up fuel injector connection for a new set of squirters yes had intake plenum off twice since I bought it.....also installed leds inside and out lack a few like the console and glovebox...

Future mods
Greenwood vents been loving those since high school....should have been oem equipment ..... hell Camaro center consoles came with a bottle of polo and a mullet brush until 93 so why not
Coil on plug set-up.... hate wires
Full energy suspension set install already have just dreading it
Got a set of Baer track claws in the shop already painted
headers
port the intake and housings if I can find a spare
Same with porting the heads doing a poly quad port job..... if you’ve never heard of it do a google search personally picked up a hair under 100hp porting a already ported head on a 2 liter turbo Honda 538 to 627 with 5 psi less boost
And been researching the pip mega squirt unit
Raid junkyard since the 04 to 08 nissan maximas have 1 ohm Bose like the c6 cars.....shouldn’t be real hard to get a kickass system under 20 bucks

Also have toys in the shop
Electromotive coils
Lm2 wideband
Meth kits times 2
Bottles times 3 but trying to resist
Just like resisting a twin turbo rear mount kit because to do it I have everything except a drain pump.....and motivation

Had a lot happen over the last 4 years and this car has gotten me to move somewhat.... spent 2 years staring at a tv color pattern..... dream cars are good therapy cause I sat in a black 91 on the showroom floor and have wanted one ever since....Already took my daughter in it to our Mecca and did some pulls around the plant and had a c6 jump on me after diner at the Montana grille.....not on my Corvette day you didn’t....Daughter was belly laughing as we rolled by and yelling I’m street racing with my dad ..... good stuff

Guess I’ll see you guys in May since I live 45 minutes from beech bend and the NCM.....

Extra heads, intake, or fingers crossed old school Morrison headers give me a yell......I get it yea right newbee

Thanks guys look forward to my education

Last edited by Curtis; 01-24-2020 at 01:23 AM.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote