ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2018   #1
TX '90 ZR1

Default Do you ever get carried away ??

Do you ever get carried away when working on your car?
I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to find & fix the small oil leak I had noticed since I had the car. Got the car up, took everything off to gain access to all the pan bolts. Tightened all of them (replaced one front pan bolt that was missing) and also the oil pressure regulator bolts. (It is not leaking now )
While under the car noticed the clutch slave cylinder appeared to maybe be leaking a bit. Better change that. Oh yea, have been intending to replace the back up light switch. Got that done.
While the slave cylinder was out decided I probably should change the line from the clutch master cylinder. Good call. It is dated 07/89!.
Well, since I have the battery out, might as well remove the battery tray and make sure the air bag sensor is well grounded. Hey, the back side of the wheel well liner is not real clean, let's take it off and clean everything up real well. Might as well take off the middle section also. Just 3 more bolts.
Looks like the back side of the rocker panel might be dusty. Can't have that!!
Got that sucker off too.
Now I have noticed that all of that nice aluminum on the suspension is not really shiny.
Is that the jar of Mothers Aluminum Polish calling my name???
Geeze!!!
Attachment 7137
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote