ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2015   #12
MuRCieLaGo

Default Re: Few problems on a ZR-1 I'm looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
$13k for a very low mileage ZR-1 with possibly easy-to-fix problems? Sounds like it might be worth looking into.

MuRCieLaGo, I think it mainly depends on if you are willing to take your time fixing the issues. You might end up with a supercar without spending a lot of money.

On the other hand, if it will be your "main" car that can't be on jack stands for extended periods, this might not be a good buy for you.

The ride control could be pricey to make it work like original, but there are less expensive options (like, put regular C4 shocks on).

The front lower fenders actually have slotted holes, so that might be a 5 minute fix.

Maybe you can do some research to see who has owned the car and learn more about its history.

Maybe you can convince the guy that the fixes are substantial and he should lower his price.

My '91's ride height is not even in the rear. This winter I plan to look into that. I'm pretty sure there can be adjustments made.
I'm not afraid to have the car up on jack stands for a while, I've got one more summer car and a winter car.

I'm not interested at all by the regular C4 shocks option. But like We_Gone said, the might only be because one of both shocks is from a regular C4 and the other one from a ZR-1 (Bilstein?).

I tried to do some research on the car, the only thing I could retrieve from Autocheck is that the car comes from Ohio 1996-2006, was collecting dust from 2007-2013 and is in Canada since then.

Price won't be lowered by much now, maybe I can go to high 12k but that's about it.

I'm surprised you also have that problem of your rear wheels not being level. I'll do some search on that, I thought it was a very local issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Sent you a PM. Sometime you get a lot of negativity but than everyone has an opinion.
Thanks for your answers We_Gone, it's always nice to get quick, detailed answers to my questions.
MuRCieLaGo is offline   Reply With Quote