Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2015   #11
WVZR-1

Default Re: Cudos to AFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
=But, back to my wheels.
Looks like I ordered the wrong ones. I'm so pissed at myself.
Somebody please confirm offsets for me so I can straighten this out.
Anybody need a nice set of GS sized rims? -Steve
If the wheels are the "deep pocketed" 50mm offset wheels then just do the "pass through" wheel spacers that many of us have done. I did mine back in '03 or early '04. The advantage of the spacer is that you could actually tailor the fit to the car. I believe that most do an 18mm spacer but you could do a "poll" sort of inquiry. 14mm gets you even to the 36mm anything more moves it further outboard. There are many vendors of proper length studs to allow the use of spacer. The GM offering that I used when I did mine was a very reasonable purchase at the time. They're not "reasonable" any longer and I've seen mentioned "performance" in discussions of them but there's nothing "specialty" about them other than length.

They were released in the "Performance Catalog" and it was a tough find for most because they were actually cataloged in the "Oldsmobile" section of the catalogue. Anything "other than" stock configured parts was in that catalog. Where else would you catalog it?

First thing you need to do is get a "hands on" of your wheels again, confirm the casting information and move on.

***Since you have the wheels you want to measure your wheels and determine the exact offset of what you have in your possession. That's very easily accomplished. Wheels are sold in "advertised" offsets but I'd measure what I had in my hands and confirm. Assume nothing.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-15-2015 at 08:18 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote