Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2014   #6
Hib Halverson

Default Re: Brighter Aftermarket Headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Hib,
What headlamps are you running now?
GE Lighting sent me a set of its Nighthawk LED 5x7 rectangular headlights to test as part of the product review work I do for the Corvette Action Center.

I've run them for about a month in testing using both urban and suburban freeways and rural highways. The testing has been both at legal speeds and, uh...illegal speeds.

So far, I'm impressed with their performance. The only downside I see is the price. They are pretty costly considering you can get Hella E-Code lights for 120 a set from some vendors. On the other side of the coin, if you compare Nighthawk LEDs to one of the few HID conversions which actually work well, they are less expensive.

My Nighthawk LED testing is not done yet and, at the CAC, we also haven't finished necessary image work for the review.

There seems to be some interest, so when the review is done, I'll post the URL here.

Since this was originally an FS thread but is not more of a tech thread about lights, maybe one of the administrators should move this thread to a more appropriate forum?
current owner 19 VIN 1878

Last edited by Hib Halverson; 11-27-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: changed working.
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote