>30 seconds 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2014   #21
Dynomite

Default Re: How Much Secondary Leakage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
I unplugged from the passenger side where the tube goes into the plenum and capped it : 1:55 seconds before my fingers got tired. Plugged in.. 6 seconds and on for about about 1.
Passenger side is HVAC and Cruise.....I am confused....is that one minute 55 seconds.....whatever you capped on the passenger side...that has nothing to do with the secondary vacuum system.

It sounds like you are saying when you turn the key on (engine off) your vacuum pump is on for 1 second and off for 6 seconds which means you have vacuum leaks but are still functional on secondaries.

It would require you to start at the pump vacuum lines and work rearward to and under the plenum checking to see where that vacuum leak is located. Just unplug connectors and hold finger over side of connection coming from the Vacuum Pump. If Vacuum Pump quits cycling, the leak is beyond that point. If Vacuum Pump continues to cycle, leak is between that point and the Vacuum Pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchusmc View Post
Will have to do some digging around now. Later the same day I was finally able to get into an open enough stretch of road to open her up, ran all the way up to 7k like usual. I've got the FSM so obvious I need to do some homework on this part.
I appears that both of you have functional Secondaries which you can very easily check with engine off and key on........

See
Secondary Functional Test and Reconditioning the Secondary Actuators

Last edited by Dynomite; 07-18-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote