ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southeast Region

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2014   #11
Z06scentair

Default Re: Myrtle Beach Corvette Club show at Broadway at the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in SC View Post
Hey Jim and Brad, it was great to share the day with you guys. Always fun to cruise around with you Jim. There were over 305 Corvettes registered for the show along with about 90 Myrtle Beach Club cars.

There was a lot of activity around the three Zs that's for sure. Had a super surprise when a guy came up to me and introduced himself as the DRE (Design Release Engineer) from GM on the HVAC for the LT5 from the inception, Steve Clark. He provided a little bit more of the history of the cars including the search for a facility to test drive the early LT5s at 180 mph+ to test the HVAC; ended up being at the Talladaga Superspeedway ... and he was there!

At the end of the show, he mentioned talking to one of you and was made aware of the ZR1 Net Registry. I am not making a confirmation of his desire, but he mentioned to me that he may get on the forum when he gets some time, and offer to provide technical support on the HVAC if we have questions. What a resource that would be!!!

BTW, he just returned from 12 years overseas and got his '63 Roadster out of storage, cleaned it up for the show and won First Place in the C2 class. Great looking car!!
Paul,

Great meeting you as well. It's always great to meet corvette owner's and enthusists. I spoke with Steve in great detail and did entice him a little to get involved in the forum now that he was retired.

Funny thing, was we were actually talking about his 63 340hp car which I have as well! Next thing I know he says yes and I designed the cooling system on the LT5. That was my chance and told him I had brought a ZR-1 to the show.

We went over and look at my car in detail. It was a very nice compliment to hear a real GM engineer involved in the project tell me how nice my car was. Absolutely Beautiful as he described.

You know guys we should start getting together more often....maybe a meet up every couple of months or so?

Jim's car is beautiful and I would love to spend some time helping him detail the engine in that car. Paul I would love to get a ride in your car!

Brad
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote