ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2014   #1
Roadster

Default Did I have a hard time replacing the slave cylinder or what!!!!

After reading all of the info on the slave cylinder, I notice mine was leaking. I am assuming that these are original parts, as I don't have many records to check. So not to keep the Z out of commision any longer than needed, I purchased a rebuilt original slave and an aftermarket clutch master cylinder. I plan on sending the originals out to be rebuilt, but there may be one complication.
I know many of you have mentioned how difficult it was to undo the the pressure line from the slave. Well let me tell you that my friend Chris (a true VW guy, but now also into Corvettes.....) and I could not get the line loose no matter what we tried, and we were trying everything, it would not budge at all. To make a long story short, we had already removed the slave and finally used a Dremel to cut the fitting to remove the line. It worked, but the fitting also broke off the slave.
New parts went in fine, and we proceeded to bleed the system. Took us a while as the slave was not pre bled. Clutch pedal felt non-exsistent at first, but after we got the slave filled and the air out, pedal feels real good. Went for a ride, shifting smooth as ever, and no leaks.......what a job.

On a side note, I continue to find different marking on my Z, the latest being on the lower left side of the trans. This was marked with a blue marker.....
628-BC-4-25 anyone else have similar markings on the trans, or does anyone know what this represents???? thanks for any info.......

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote