ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2014   #1
JimZRyd

Default Brainstorming future brake upgrade

Hey guys...let me burn your minds a little here. I am planning wheels and tires this year as my annual mod so I'm going to have to wait a little before I do a BBK. Still, I feel the stock brakes need a little refreshening so that they'll look good behind the new wheels. At this point I'm thinking of putting on a new set of rotors and pads and just clean up the stock calipers and save some cash.

I have previously installed a set of Baer Eradispeeds on my old C5 and loved them! Looked way cool and performed well. Really didn't keep the car much longer after the upgrade so I can't speak of longevity. So this is one option, probably just a set of their Decelerators and do a 2 piece set when I do the BBK. Not sure if the Decelerators are zinc coated or not, are they?

Another thought is a set of the DBA rotors with the neat slotted design. Specifically looking at their series 4000 T3 one piece rotors as an option to the Baer Decelerators. A set of either will run about the same price. The DBA's come with slots and not cross drilled or you can get them drilled. I'm kinda leaning towards just slotted this time. I don't track my Z but do enjoy some spirited driving so I don't really need to go all out on a track kind of set up.

I know a lot of you guys out their run the Baers but does anybody have any experience with the DBA's? I feel cross drilled/ slotted or just slotted is really a matter of taste if the car is just a street machine and not a track car. If I was going to use it strictly on a track I'd def go with slotted. I'm just brainstorming here and searching for info and options.

Anybody want to chime in please do so. Thanks in advance!

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
1990 Callaway Supernatural 490 / CR-1 #7
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote