ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2013   #11
8cam

Default Re: 4cam in Atlanta

Maintenance on a TR is intimidating but not too bad once you adjust your senses. The whole rear frame comes out in a single assembly - engine, gearbox, driveshafts, wheels and the frame itself. There's a "cart" you can buy or built that makes it a reasonably straightforward task, but you do need a lift. I do plan on getting one some day, incredible machines.

So far I think the LT5 is a little harder to work on. It's easy to get to since the clamshell hood just puts everything right there, but it's much more cramped in there. On the 308 you can pull the right rear wheel and wheelwell, and there's the front of the engine. Take a seat and go to work. On the LT5 the water pump was a royal pain in the back/hands/arms/legs, and everything requires moving three other things to get to it. I'll probably pull the plenum here in the next couple weeks to refresh everything under there, but it looks like a job and a half.
'90 ZR-1 #1322 Daily Driver, 64k and counting
Black/Gray
[IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb49/mlitherland/IMG_0326_zps3d50d8cb.jpg[/IMG]
8cam is offline   Reply With Quote