ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2013   #15
Dynomite

Default Re: New member with new to me Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbandhmb View Post
Hello all I just joined the forum and wanted to share the newest member of my family. Just picked up a 90 Z with 27k on the clock. Haven't even gotten to plates yet! I cant remember a more fun car to drive. It was a 1 owner car prior to me and is mostly stock however it does have a 4.10 rear end and a B&B cat back. I didnt see any info on the wheels in the paperwork however they appear to be CCW Classics. The rears are 335. I also suspect there is some type of chip in it because the CAGS does not engage and there is no light either. The CAGS is easy to defeat but my understanding is that the only way to stop the 1-4 shift light is through a chip. It seems to run like a monster however there are a couple of concerns that I am going to document and post in the tech forum.
Hi:
Nice ZR-1. And even nicer being Red on Red
It appears the inlet Air Temp is modified a bit (with the Air Box also modified) and you do have after market Oil Cooler lines. But neither of those really qualify as a Documented Performance Modification

Change all the Fluids so you know where you are starting from as the first step

I am much more concerned about undocumented maintenance and that is why I always start with complete fluid change with the proper fluids.

The Signature in this post consists of Fully Documented Performance Modifications accomplished by a Free Spirit with a great set of tools

If you are not that free of a spirit the signature also contains complete Maintenance Information for those who want to start fresh on maintaining a New (Old Stock) ZR-1.

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote