ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

View Poll Results: Would you opt for a Lifetime Membership if it were available?
Yes 23 28.05%
No 29 35.37%
Maybe (more info needed or depending on price) 30 36.59%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2013   #17
Kevin

Default Re: Lifetime Membership discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 View Post
I was looking for the place to pay for the right to be a lifetime member here when I stumbled upon this thread. Not sure about the suggested $350 dollar or higher cost though. It really doesn't cost much to maintain a forum with a domain name. Other forums I am a member of charge less than $20 for yearly and less than $100 for lifetime. Let's not forget supporting vendors who can advertise their products. They also have banner ads that display to the non-paying members.

After going back and reading some of the comments on this thread, it seems some of the members of this forum considers this forum strictly as a ZR-1 LT5 club. Hate to say it, but as a Z06 owner, I feel a little left out by some of the comments I have read thus far considering I am planning on owning a newer ZR1. As it is, this is the closest thing to a ZR1 forum I can find. I can only hope you all consider opening your arms to C6 ZR1 owners as well. I'll save my drawn out comments on what I had to do just to figure out what the random answer was to even join this forum. Obviously it is not LS9 or Supercharged. Now that I look at the banner, this sight is exclusive to C4 ZR-1.

Currently as a non ZR-1 owner but rather a future ZR1 owner and a true Corvette enthusiast, my comments might not hold much water. Who knows, I might be rubbing some the wrong way. But keep in mind, there are many like me who would support this Corvette forum as long as it shows a long term business plan by promoting yearly and lifetime membership plans along with open arms to all ZR1 Corvette owners, past, present, or future.

With all that said, how is this forum supported? There has to be ads somewhere or someone is being very generous.

If I may be so bold as the latest noobie on this forum and an average webmaster, may I suggest to the administrators of this forum to look into Z06Vette.com forum and see how they do business. Success breeds success!

For the record, I am only providing a fresh perspective to what I have seen in the short amount of time I have been here. I would not be offended if anyone were to tell me to go pound sand.

If you can't tell, I am all about promoting anything Corvette, especially ZR1. As a future ZR1 owner, I would consider buying this sight if someone is willing to sell it just to allow newer ZR1 owners a place to communicate. I know a good investment when I see one. This is why I drive, race, and show Corvettes. Corvette is best bang for the buck!

You all have a great forum here and for the current price to be here, nobody can complain, especially me.
yes this site is mainly about the C4 zr-1 but that doesn't mean its exclusively a c4 zr-1 forum. Most of us have known each other over the life of 2 or 3 zr-1 registries, I've have my car since 1999, long before the c6 zr1 was ever thought of, and quite a few of us are the same way. But that isn't to say we against c6 zr1's or even c7 if they come to be, we welcome all who are interested in the zr-1/zr1 even if you're not an owner. I know at carlise two years ago there were several c6 zr1 that parked next to the c4 zr-1 and that's the way it should be.

Seeing as you're new, you may not know the history of the zr-1 registries dating back over the years, there have been 3. The original zr-1 registry that Larry Merrow had for the better part of a decade which passed away with him, there was the LT5 registry, which Clint Hooper started and ran for a few years which disbanded, then there was the zr1 net, which was an email list serve run by Dave Bright. When the LT5 registry died Dave started this registry combining the ZR-1 net with a formal registry and giving it the name of the zr1 net registry with the list serve being a separate thing. At no point has owning a zr-1 been necessary to join the zr-1 net registry, I had a 91 L98 when I joined then moved up to my zr-1. Until the ZR-1 net registry, there was no zr1 to have as members, only the ZR-1.

I looked at z06vette.com and i'm happy our admin doesn't think that's the way to do things. I also don't know if I'd come in talking about wanting to buy the forum in my first post...

Last edited by Kevin; 08-14-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote