ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2013   #1
Hotdogand6pack

Default Lone Soldier

I would post this on my regional board, but considering I live an hour away from the border of three of them, I figured the general board would be best. I was curious as to how many Z's there are out in my area. All my 'regional' gatherings are NYC/Boston based, which living in Buffalo means I can drive from Buffalo to Pittsburgh, from Pittsburgh to Cleveland, and back home in less time and tolls than it would take to join such.

I did find a 91 white Z for sale (#1852 still for sale as of 6/7/13) at a local dealership a few moons back. One of those, 'Out for a cruise' notices of a C4 on a lot and the typical head snap profile eyeballing to determine whether the old gal 'had hips' or not. The obligatory heel-toe turn ensued followed by the anxious salesman. Poor gal was rode hard and put away wet, but clean and only 22k+ miles. The emblems on the rear and side were re-adhered with what appeared to be carpet glue with soft and ductile beige masses oozing from the sides of the lettering. The interior was red and showed the signs of enjoyment filled driving. The salesman did his part to justify the price tag, and he did a good job. They were about 6k over reasonable retail (Relatively close to reasonable retail as of today 6/7/13, ironically 700$ above my offer last year.) The boy knew his trade well. He just was not prepared to talk about a Z to a Z-Owner. I paused a few moments, pointed out what I saw and what I thought and made a counter-offer which his eyes light up in offense. I laughed a little, got his business card, and continued my cruise. Retailers.... Never buy from a retailer. (I would haggle and buy it now but my finances are not the same as they were 6 months ago)

That being said, I hope someone local purchases that Z so I'm not all alone out here in this part of the country.
Hotdogand6pack is offline   Reply With Quote