ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2012   #1
BlackbirdZ07

Default Dipstick tube seal?

1990: I've got the oil pan off to replace the gasket because it looked like it was leaking oil, and to recover a hose I dropped down into the crankcase while replacing the breather cover gasket under the plenum.

It looks like the dipstick tube seal may also be leaking because there's oil/grease/dirt right around where it goes into the block and on about the bottom inch or so of the tube itself. It's a little hard to tell because I had oil leaking somewhere up high in the front on the passenger side and it could be blowing back... I already replaced the oil filter housing seal and a couple of the oil sensors. I will also replace the crankshaft position sensor seal.

Anyway, I already bought the dipstick tube seal from Jerry, but how exactly do you replace it? The manual just says to loosen the exhaust manifold bolts and pull the tube out. When looking at the exhaust manifold section, it says to remove the wheel well panels and a couple heat shields before getting to the manifold. What exactly do you have to do to remove the dipstick tube? Can anybody give me any tips? Thanks!
BlackbirdZ07 is offline   Reply With Quote