ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > Past Events & Event Pictures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2011   #1
vandornjim

Default The 2011 ZR-1 C4 Gathering

News from BG: The 2011 ZR-1 Gathering
Doesn't look like anybody got home yet so I'll post the first of many I'm sure.
This year's Gathering was certainly a learning experience to say the least. It rained and was cloudy most all weekend. Autocross and drags were cancelled and the rain curtailed most all other outside activities so there was plenty of time to become extremely, well, "time-saturated" (bored). I spoke with some of the new Net board members and I think there will definitely be some discussions to change the current format and add some new ideas. If you have any, you might let them know.
The Auto Masters/ZR-1 Net BBQ was crazy. Everybody showed up all at once and 2 minutes later, so did the microburst with 60mph winds and a cloudburst which heavily watered my new garden. Not to worry though as we were all insde and our totally homemade menu was all cooked and ready with Bow Tie burgers, BBQ Chicken Tenderloins, Beer Braised Italian Sausage and our Pepper BBQ'd Potatoes. With a SHORT auction, we raised enough money to buy our NCM brick and make a donation to the Andrew Hutchins Scholarship fund. I'll have totals after all the payments are made and the tally is counted but we are over $1500 already. Special thanks to Jerry's Gaskets (VP Jerry Downey) for his donation of a complete upper LT5 gasket set, to Mr. Jim Perkins and Hendricks Motorsports for their signed hat donations, Mr. David Kimble for his 1989 ZR-1 Cutaway poster which was the cover for both Motor Trend and our very own Dave McLellan's book "Corvette from the Inside". MerCruiser's Greg Van Deventer also donated a set of BRAND NEW LT5 91-95 cam cover emblems. Can you believe that stuff is still coming out of desk drawers?

A major new announcement was made regarding the NCM Motorsports Park. I think it is fair to say that things are pretty vague and confusing regarding a project of some 4 years already.

It was great to see many old and new friends. We had 80 at our BBQ and there were about 70 at the banquet. Total attendance in real numbers was maybe 100-120. NCM Auction included walking sticks and bird houses. There was even some Corvette stuff!! It raised $4,000 after some 2 hours.
All for now, I've got a shop to get ready for WORK on Monday!!
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399

Last edited by vandornjim; 05-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote