ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2011   #1
91vettezr1

Default need brake system help 94 zr-1

Hi
Did a bunch of work on my 1994 zr-1 this past winter. I replaced ,front/rear rotors,pads, drained fluid, Took it out for a drive today for the first time since work was completed. Iimmediately noticed 'SYS" flashing on the LCD readout next to the gas gauge. Light Went out after a few minutes.nO OTHER LIGHHTS LIT ON "DIC" Drove the car for about 1 mile and smelled brakes. stopped the car and it felt like the emergency brake was stuck. I pulled the emergency brake lever but no luck. Turned the car around and it got worse. now the front brakes are locked up and the car barely moved,brake pedal was hard to push in.walked home got some tools ,relieved pressure by opening bleed valves on front calipers. this freed the front brakes up so I could get the car home. anyone have any clue what could be wrong?I just bought the car last year and only put about 100 miles on it since all the repairs so I don't have any history on the vehicle. any help would be appreciated. Have battery charging since I read "sys" could flash due to low battery
thanks
todd
91vettezr1 is offline   Reply With Quote