ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2011   #1
95 LT5

Default Testicular Cancer Long.....

Hi,

Cliff's......
Had surgury, and complications from it, more medical bills, not sure if its healing right, still not back to work, thinking of getting a lawyer
Radiation or not to radiate?

Here goes, Worst experience of my life.......
I'm 35 and have testicular cancer, had surgury to remove the bad nut on Jan 7th. Everything was ok till about 1 hr after surgury when I had a internal bleed from somewhere they went in (It is removed through the lower abdomen)
I discovered it in the hospital bed when the sac filled up with blood, about 10oz worth ( not fun btw) with more internally in that area and into upper thigh....

The doctor had never had this happen in 20yrs of doing this operation.
They had to knock me out again$$$$, and fix the leak.

Had to stay overnight at a different hospital$$$, and was brought there by ambulance$$$$.
Should have been just about 5 hr deal in and out.

Was in a ton of pain and was draining for 5 days after. Everything turned black/blue or yellow where the blood ended up

Most of that is gone now and in less pain then before, but still having difficulty with getting around easily without pain. Very tight in that area. There is a few more problems but i'll keep this brief at the moment.

The CT scan did not show any spread so it should have been contained to the testicle.
My oncologist thinks there is about a 85% that i'm free of cancer,
He is giving me the option to do radiation if I want to. I'm going for a second opinion about it Friday. Not sure if it's worth it, I like my 85%

Now, I'm not sure if I will have any permanent damage from the complication, but very aggrivated about the additional pain, lost work, and hospital bills that i'm left with. Not to mention that the doctor who did the surgury almost walked out of the room without even saying the results of the biopsy (which was cancerous) untill my wife spoke up. He then said he was going to track the results down, but didnt even know the results were in the file he was holding all the time.

I'd rather not do the lawyer bit, because of the additional cost and time involved but not very happy with what has happened.

Have the same post on the other fourm,
Thanks

'95 ZR-1
RED/GRAY

'95 ZR-1
BLK/BLK

'89 6-Spd
FX-3,Z51
BLK/BLK
95 LT5 is offline   Reply With Quote