ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2010   #1
Nacho_ZR1

Default Pics of X-pipe install

So now that I've gotten a baseline dyno of my car and am pretty happy with the results, it's time to start Round 1 of my performance mods: Haibeck chip and x-pipe install. Took the car to a local muffler shop in Dallas. While the car was on the lift, I snapped some photos on my BlackBerry. I have a stock exhaust, by the way, with Dynomax mufflers.

Here's a view of my stock resonator:

You can really see the exhaust going from a 2 1/2 diameter to 2 1/4 as it feeds into the resonator. I had the guy cut the pipes right before the tapering so I could keep it at a nice 2 1/2 inches all the way through.

After the resonator and pipes were cut, I took a pic of the opened up exhaust:

One of the things that I found very surprising was the fact that the Resonator is actually a straight-thru design. This made me wonder how much of a performance gain I would actually see? Hmmmm:

Here goes a pic of the final product right before the final welds were completed:

Overall, I am happy with the results. There is a little more of a drone between 1000-1800 rpm but other than that, I really don't notice anything else. The seat of the pants feel was the same. I am supposing that once the headers get installed, this will compliment the performance.

Also, here is a youtube video of me revving up the car after the x-pipe install. There is a raspier sound which reminds me alot of the Corsa.

Oh, and also, the PO had the dynomax mufflers installed and left the stock ZR-1 tips. I LOVE the sleeper look !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ri5LGvy1VE

Thanks for reading!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]1992 ZR-1 #483
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Dark Red Metallic[/COLOR]
[U][B]Mods[/B][/U]
-Jeal headers
-Stock exhaust with X-pipe
-4.30 Gears
-Corey Henderson tune
-375 RWHP[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Nacho_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote