ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2010   #10
tomtom72

Default Re: Oil Changes for Winter

I bought the one from Jeggs and as far as I'm concerned it works just fine.

I've had it about two yrs now and it still works just fine. It obviously doesn't work as fast as one that could be hooked up to shop air, but in your driveway it works just fine. I figure about max 1/2 an hr to get most of the oil out of an LT5. I say most because the legend scale on the container is a decal and I'm not sure how precise it is. When it's done I estimate it sucked up between 8 & 9 qts of old oil. One thing with this unit is it works best if the oil is at normal operating temp. On cold oil the container will start to collapse. To counter act the fact that it may not be getting all of the old oil out, not counting the cooler, I shortened my change intervals....just to be on the safe side.

JMHO, if I owned a home with a garage I proly wouldn't have much use for this type of tool. Stands & a good hyd jack and up she goes for winter / spring get ready maintenance protocols. I rent space in a garage which has rules against mechanical work on your vehicle so this made sense for me to buy.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote