ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-03-2009   #1
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Does anyone have first hand knowledge about Eagle connecting rods?

I can't really find much negative about these other than made in China and machined in US. Are these something to stay away from? I see some of the builders use only Oliver that I guess are one of the best costing about $1200 or so. Manley is used by Lingenfelter, but one of the other builders offered me a 368 package at one time with Eagle "H" beam rods.

Are these you get what you pay for? I would definitely not consider the SCATs as these sound too cheap and I have seen some negative comments on these.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009   #2
VetteMed

Default Re: Does anyone have first hand knowledge about Eagle connecting rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I can't really find much negative about these other than made in China......
Does more really need to be said? I'm no engine builder, but I wouldn't trust chinese parts any further than I could throw 'em.
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #3
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
Does more really need to be said? I'm no engine builder, but I wouldn't trust chinese parts any further than I could throw 'em.
Thanks, but as I stated not looking for opinions about chinese parts but first hand knowledge of someone that has used or has experience with Eagle Speciality Products, Inc. I realize that many companies go overseas to save costs, but some really do hold standards to manufacturing and I'm not sure if it applies here.
Old 10-04-2009   #4
Polo-1

Mostly it's the size from one rod to the other. 1 could be 5.85 the next 5.84 and the next 5.86. The other is a hp limit or rpm limit.

With the Crower, Oliver, Top name brands they have a "good luck trying to break" it class of rod.

I went with the Crower over the Oliver, mostly for weight.
Polo-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #5
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
Mostly it's the size from one rod to the other. 1 could be 5.85 the next 5.84 and the next 5.86. The other is a hp limit or rpm limit.

With the Crower, Oliver, Top name brands they have a "good luck trying to break" it class of rod.

I went with the Crower over the Oliver, mostly for weight.
Kevin,

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I guess why guess or take chances when there is the reputation of the top brands. I was just trying to find out about the rods that range from $500-$600 versus the $1,000 to $1200 ones. I'll see what anyone else has to share, bu maybe you get what you pay for on these?

Aloha,
Old 10-04-2009   #6
RICHARD TILL

i have two dragboats that i run in the 10 second bracket. both are big block chevys. 6.385 length. one engine has nearly 100 passes with scat rods and the other has eagle with only 30 passes. no problems yet at 6500 wot.
RICHARD TILL is offline   Reply With Quote