ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 08-01-2005   #1
zr1mom

Default Sad News Larry Merow

Just found out Larry Merow passed away today.

If you don't know Larry he and his wife Sue were the original founders of the "ZR-1 Registry".

Larry retired several years ago. Larry busted his butt putting the ZR-1 Registry together holding events including the reunion at Mercury Marine just before they shutdown the building of the LT5 to thank them for all their hard work.

Another great event was at the NCM in Bowling Green when they built the last ZR-1 in April of 1995 and donated it to the NCM which is still on display today.

And who can forget when in '96 500 ZR-1's showed up at Corvettes at Carlisle.

Larry also produced a great quarterly newsletter (which was more a magazine).

Gods speed Larry.
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Z Factor

I'm sad to hear that. He obviously had a passion for ZR-1's and did a lot of work trying to help the enthusiast community.

My condolences to his family.

May he rest in peace.
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
drmcar95

My condolences to the Merow family. Larry certainly started us as an organization of lovers of these cars. He and Sue were always at Carlisle and were helpful to many of us. I am very sorry to hear this. I assume this was sudden, as when I talked with Phil DeJohn in BG, he told me he was fine.
Garth
drmcar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #4
LGNDLT5

Unhappy Quite a loss to the ZR! community

I am deeply saddened to read of Larry's passing. I like many on this forum go back to the early days of the ZR1 Registry. Larry's and Sue's dedication and hard work set the standard for several of the "registry's" and model type affinity groups that followed. Larry, like Mom, worked tirelessly to establish a world class group. Larry and Sue were mentors to those who early on realized a love for this fine car. Sue, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Thanks for the memories.
John R Sullivan, 1991 #283 original owner ,
ZR1 Registry founding member #0028

LGNDLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #5
FU

God speed Larry

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #6
WB9MCW

Unhappy So sorry to hear!

My condolences to the family.

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005   #7
yellowz

Default Re: Sad News Larry Merow

the passing of larry is a great loss for our zr1comunity.I remeber when myself ,mom mike ferrante ,markie mark and countless others would drive to limerock to see the pirate racing and meet the gang from li there.
Every event Larry did was 1st class as is our organization.I hope larry you are in good company and are organizing a zr1registry for past members who are decesed when i go (ant hope its not so early) save me a place in the membership as i would be honered to be together again .

Rest IN Peach Lsv we will always remember

peter
yellowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #8
WB9MCW

don't worry about it Margaret...Larry was one of the first to start the ZR-1/LT-5
group and we all miss him this is our thread to voice our thanks for his love of the ZR-1 and being a leader amongst us! I in fact never got to meet Larry but only read about his doings and it is true no doubt that he was a great person and a true friend of the KOTH ZR-1 and the people who love the vette!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006   #9
ralph92ZR1

I did not personally know Larry but my condolances to his family; I thank them for all he did for the ZR-1 group and that will hopefully be a legacy that will last forever. God Bless.
'92 ZR-1#473
Red/Red
ralph92ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #10
jr9170

I remember how every year the ZR-1 REGISTRY parking area at CARLISLE got bigger and bigger especially 500 in 96.It truly was a ZR-1 sight to behold.
jr9170 is offline   Reply With Quote