ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11 Hours Ago   #1
billschroeder5842

Default FX3 system showing all codes.... what?

This is also on CF and I have a question on my FX3 system on my 91 ZR1. On rare occasion, when I drive I get a quick flash of "Service Ride Control" on the DIC, then the light goes out. I dont think about it too much other than to guess the system registered a brief "out of range flash" as it was cycling before going back into specification. There is no continous light on the DIC and I probably last looked at the FX3 codes 3-4 years ago when I changed out the FX3 module.. The car otherwise feels good, the suspension does respond to the different settings and I believe that the system is working well.

Tonight I was doing diagnostic code readings for fun and I checked the FX3 system. I was surprised to see the Service Ride Control light flashing in the DIC for every (every) code for the FX3. Yes, all 12 codes showed (13,14,21,22,23, 31, 32, 33, 34, 41, 42, 43) as faulty. This seems really wierd and my research on the web and with the FSM did not come up with anything that would set all 12. I went through the reset procedure and cleared all codes. I will drive the car tomorrow and recheck to see if any of the codes return

Any idea on what would set all 12 codes? Is there anything I should check?

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Hours Ago   #2
billschroeder5842

Default Re: FX3 system showing all codes.... what?

*UPDATE* After clearing the codes last night I took the ZR1 car for about a 25 mile run. During the drive I was flipping the FX3 stwitch around between settings so that the actuators would get a full work out.

When I got home I checked for codes.... all 12s. Nothing, nada and no residuals- all normal. I'm thrilled that the system is workiing as designed. Question, what do you think happened to have the system throw the entire trauch of codes to begin with?

Thanks!

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote