ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Hours Ago   #20
RSLyrick

Default Re: Fires then dies. HELP

When I got my new sensor it was listed for 1990 to 1995. I do not think that there are differences but I have no certified proofs at hand. Maybe other members can comment on that.

Without a proper working sensor, optimal SFI cannot happen as the ECM doesn't have the info about the intake valve opening state. I'm not sure but additionnaly to the engine running poorly, you may get RPM limitations as well.

I'd like to add a bit more thoughts to this topic.

I'm still thinking that the ECM being faulty is a valid hypothesis. By that I mean, that the interface with the sensor is damaged or has failed. You didn't get a DTC31 that's the reason why I keep the hypothesis alive.

This is (probably) what happened to the Autofunk guys (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-By...bqpGO&index=11).

Similar issues as yours but they managed to get a DTC 31 (camshaft sensor issues). Their ECM was faulty, not the sensor.

Did you get a DTC 31 when running the car with the sensor harness disconnected ? Just to be sure that the sensor interface is actually capable of computing what's happening at this specific pin.

Also have you probed the camshaft sensor output when ignition is ON ? should be at 0V when the slot of the camshaft reluctor wheel is in front of the sensor, 12V otherwise.

And the supply wire to the sensor when ignition is ON (12V) ?

Last edited by RSLyrick; 20 Hours Ago at 07:44 AM. Reason: wrong sensor polarity description
RSLyrick is offline   Reply With Quote