ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mountain Run 8 (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31057)

Gunny 10-14-2019 02:57 PM

Mountain Run 8

CANCELLED
we're looking into alternate dates for late summer or early fall; otherwise, the next Mountain Run will be in May 2021.

Make your plans now for Mountain Run 8 – three days of driving on the mountain roads of northeast Georgia, western North Carolina, and eastern Tennessee. The first day’s run will be on Sunday, May 10, 2020. At the conclusion of MR8 all participants are encouraged to caravan to Bowling Green, KY for the annual C4 Gathering, arriving Wednesday in time for pizza & beer at the University Plaza Holiday Inn.

Click MR8 INFO for a PDF file with complete information that you can save/print.

IMPORTANT - Two things you need to do to participate in MR8 –
• Make your room reservation at the Dillsboro Best Western ASAP
• Email or PM me that you will be attending and your arrival/departure date

We have a group rate for Sun-Wed at the Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites in Dillsboro, NC. Riverside rooms are $129.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast - Non-Riverside rooms are $105.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast. Rooms for Saturday night are NOT available in the immediate area but we are working on a hotel list and will provide that information ASAP for those planning to arrive early.

Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at 828-586-6060 and specifying the Mountain Run 8 Corvette room block to the front desk agent who answers. It is important that you choose option “0” for the front desk if you should get the greeting message.
-OR-
For those who prefer to reserve online, click MR8 HOTEL RESERVATION

I strongly urge you to make your reservations now to avoid disappointment later. If your plans should change and you cannot attend MR8 you can cancel your reservation no later than May 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM.

Check this thread frequently for updates/additional information. All participants will receive regular email updates so it is important that you provide me with your contact information.

Gunny 10-14-2019 02:57 PM

Re: Mountain Run 8

Photo Albums from previous Mountain Runs (click thumbnail to view photos)

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4026

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4027

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4028

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4029

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4030

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4031

http://www.zr1.net/forum/picture.php...pictureid=4032

Gunny 10-14-2019 02:59 PM

If this is your first mountain run I probably don't have your contact info (name, email, etc.). Please PM that info to me or if you click on the MR8 INFO pdf file you can send your info to my email addy.

garyhugo 10-14-2019 04:58 PM

Me too. Looking forward to MR8. I'm going on to Bowling Green this year for the 30 year anniversary also.

9157 10-14-2019 09:20 PM

This will be my first Mountain Run!
Looking forward to it.
Michael
91-2029

EvanZR1 10-15-2019 10:14 AM

Reserved. Looking forward to it.

Gunny 10-15-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9157 (Post 299837)
This will be my first Mountain Run!
Looking forward to it.
Michael
91-2029

PM your contact info to me
-or-
click on the info pdf for my email

Gunny 10-15-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvanZR1 (Post 299851)
Reserved. Looking forward to it.

PM your contact info to me or click on the Info PDF for my email

Scrrem 10-17-2019 04:13 PM

It’s been a while for me but I’m there this year!! Reserved!!
Rich

dfrancis 10-25-2019 10:48 AM

reservations made

Gunny 10-25-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrrem (Post 299950)
It’s been a while for me but I’m there this year!! Reserved!!
Rich

Looking forward to seeing you again

Gunny 10-25-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfrancis (Post 300237)
reservations made

Excellent - will add you to the list

rgfllamas 01-08-2020 10:10 PM

Looking forward to a week of ZR-1's. We'll be doing both the MR-8 and the gathering. Anyone heading to Florida on Sunday after the gathering?

Gunny 01-08-2020 11:30 PM

An email with MR8 update info has been sent - if you did not receive this email please PM me here or send me an email so that I will have your correct address.

9157 01-09-2020 08:15 AM

email sent.

9157 01-14-2020 01:40 PM

Any updated information on the NCM 30th Celebration that follows MR8?

Gunny 01-14-2020 04:09 PM

not yet ... it's my understanding that plans are near finalization and that all info will be announced very soon - perhaps by this weekend

9157 01-14-2020 04:12 PM

Did you get my email/pm with my info?

dredgeguy 01-15-2020 07:34 AM

Efnfast and I will be arriving Monday evening for MR8 and driving with the group to BG on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

efnfast 01-15-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dredgeguy (Post 303090)
Efnfast and I will be arriving Monday evening for MR8 and driving with the group to BG on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Yup, that's us.

QB93Z 01-17-2020 07:09 AM

Lyndi and I will be coming down on Monday as well, with Charlie and Steve.

Good times for sure!!!

Jim

efnfast 01-17-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QB93Z (Post 303156)
Lyndi and I will be coming down on Monday as well, with Charlie and Steve.

Good times for sure!!!

Jim

Nice!

dredgeguy 01-17-2020 07:28 AM

Perfect, always makes for a great ride when friends are with you!

9157 01-17-2020 10:25 AM

I plan on arriving Tuesday afternoon and join for the trip to BG. I will be leaving Raleigh NC area early Tuesday morning in hopes of catching up with the group.

QB93Z 01-25-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9157 (Post 303162)
I plan on arriving Tuesday afternoon and join for the trip to BG. I will be leaving Raleigh NC area early Tuesday morning in hopes of catching up with the group.

Give Gunny (George Jones) your contact info and we will be able to coordinate "catching up".

Jim

9157 01-25-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QB93Z (Post 303598)
Give Gunny (George Jones) your contact info and we will be able to coordinate "catching up".

Jim

I sent him an email and a pm; I have not heard back. No worries. We will catch up somehow.

MRCFOUR 01-31-2020 01:08 AM

Just an FYI, I booked in NC 2 days ago and was told the rooms that were blocked are all booked up. Booking dot com however still shows availability at about the same pricing. Get you rooms now folks!

Sent from my iPad using ZR-1 Net Registry

Gunny 02-22-2020 06:34 AM

MR8 folks - check your email. I just sent an email with updated info. If you didn't receive it I may not have your contact info ... either PM or email me so I can get the info to you.

Gunny 02-28-2020 10:14 PM

Current count
Sat. nite cookout - 36
Sun tour - 40 Vettes
Mon tour - 44 Vettes
Tue tour - 48 Vettes
Wed caravan to BG - 17 Vettes

still time to sign up

QB93Z 02-29-2020 07:44 AM

If you are considering taking part in Mountain Run 8, I strongly recommend joining us. This is one of the best events for Corvette owners. We get together with wonderful ZR-1 owners (and other Corvette enthusiasts and wives) and enjoy driving in some very beautiful scenery. Each day's drive is split into groups so you can choose the level of driving you are comfortable with. The Mountain Runs are not racing and we always stress "safety first" in all our events.

See you on the mountain,

Jim

9157 03-16-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunny (Post 299830)
Make your plans now for Mountain Run 8 – three days of driving on the mountain roads of northeast Georgia, western North Carolina, and eastern Tennessee. The first day’s run will be on Sunday, May 10, 2020. At the conclusion of MR8 all participants are encouraged to caravan to Bowling Green, KY for the annual C4 Gathering, arriving Wednesday in time for pizza & beer at the University Plaza Holiday Inn.

Click MR8 INFO for a PDF file with complete information that you can save/print.

IMPORTANT - Two things you need to do to participate in MR8 –
• Make your room reservation at the Dillsboro Best Western ASAP
• Email or PM me that you will be attending and your arrival/departure date

We have a group rate for Sun-Wed at the Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites in Dillsboro, NC. Riverside rooms are $129.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast - Non-Riverside rooms are $105.99 per night plus taxes and includes breakfast. Rooms for Saturday night are NOT available in the immediate area but we are working on a hotel list and will provide that information ASAP for those planning to arrive early.

Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at 828-586-6060 and specifying the Mountain Run 8 Corvette room block to the front desk agent who answers. It is important that you choose option “0” for the front desk if you should get the greeting message.
-OR-
For those who prefer to reserve online, click MR8 HOTEL RESERVATION

I strongly urge you to make your reservations now to avoid disappointment later. If your plans should change and you cannot attend MR8 you can cancel your reservation no later than May 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM.

Check this thread frequently for updates/additional information. All participants will receive regular email updates so it is important that you provide me with your contact information.

I just received notice that the gathering at NCM for the 30th anniversary has been canceled, therefore I also cancelling this also. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone but since I was only joining the group in the 12th (wedding anniversary on the 11th and Mother’s Day on the 10th) I was primarily going to join the caravan to Bowling Green. It is an unfortunate turn of events. Be safe!

MRCFOUR 03-16-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunny (Post 305358)
Current count

Sat. nite cookout - 36

Sun tour - 40 Vettes

Mon tour - 44 Vettes

Tue tour - 48 Vettes

Wed caravan to BG - 17 Vettes

still time to sign up

Gunny, are we still doing this now that the NCM has cancelled the Gathering?

Sent from my iPad using ZR-1 Net Registry

Gunny 03-16-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRCFOUR (Post 306201)
Gunny, are we still doing this now that the NCM has cancelled the Gathering?

I also received the email notification of the cancellation. NCM's decision to cancel the C4 Gathering (with agreement from the ZR-1 Registry and the Grand Sport Registry) does change the dynamics of MR8. The big unknown is how long the health threat will exist and that makes planning very difficult.

I plan to email all MR8 registrants in the next day or two as we determine the next step. Apologies for a non-answer at this time but we're not under the pressure of a deadline since reservations at the Dillsboro hotel can be cancelled without penalty prior to May 9. Whatever the final decision is will be handled via email to the MR8 registrants but will also be posted here.

Gunny 03-18-2020 04:53 PM

MR8 IS CANCELLED

we're looking into alternate dates for late summer or early fall; otherwise, the next Mountain Run will be in May 2021.

LarryMow 03-24-2020 05:30 PM

Although Dad and I were not gonna be able to make it this year, cancelling MR8 certainly seems like the wise thing to do in light of whats going on. I know I (as well as everyone else) appreciates the hard work that you and everyone involved puts into organizing this. It sucks that it has to happen, but everyones health has to come first. Besides, you cant enjoy MR being sick in a hospital bed or worse. Gunny, thank you for everything you and the crew have done......looking forward to see any future updates/changes/plans/rescheduling.

efnfast 03-24-2020 05:54 PM

I'm gonna miss seeing the friends I only get see at this event.

Gunny 03-28-2020 01:55 PM

interesting update ...

Yesterday, we drove up to our north GA mountain home for the weekend. Since we're so close to Highlands, NC we usually stop by to see friends ... not now, tho. Earlier this week Highlands had their first virus case - someone visiting from NY tested positive. The mayor issued a proclamation shutting down all hotels, motels, & rentals plus checkpoints are now posted at all entrances to Highlands. If you don't live or work there, you can't get in - visitors & travelers are turned away.

efnfast 03-28-2020 05:26 PM

It's gonna get bad. They are hoping we hit the worst in a month. That means in two months we're back to where we are now. If the worst is in two months.....

Gunny 03-29-2020 04:45 PM

another update ...
earlier today K & I drove to Cullowhee,NC for some sightseeing & a picnic lunch on the Tuckaseegee River (about 45 miles from our mtn. home in GA). The most direct route was through Highlands, closed to the public, so we went another way without any issues. However, while in NC we learned that the state was effectively locking down much of the state beginning tomorrow - no more mountain road excursions for awhile. I can't even begin to imagine the effect this will have on daily routines, commerce, and more.

RussMcB 03-29-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunny (Post 306771)
I can't even begin to imagine the effect this will have on daily routines, commerce, and more.

I'm with you on that one. I can barely imagine anyone not affected by COV-19. Some people only have minor inconveniences, and other people's lives pretty much ruined, or set back to square one.

Hope everyone here is doing well and we'll get together in 2021. Ha! My ZR-1 is for sale but probably won't sell before May, 2021 (and that's not a terrible thing). :-)