ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   C4 Gathering Roll Call! (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24955)

NVMYRC51 04-22-2015 10:42 AM

C4 Gathering Roll Call!

SSSttttaaaaaarrrrrtttt your engines! We are 24 days out from the C4 Gathering? Who is attending, where you coming from, what cha drivin'?

Craig Hawkins Miami, FL 1990 Red ZR-1

Looking forward to putting faces with names!

Mystic ZR-1 04-22-2015 12:01 PM

Re: C4 Gathering Roll Call!

Me and TomTom
Mystic CT and Mt Vernon NY

JimZRyd 04-22-2015 02:56 PM

I'll be driving up on Wed, but not with my Z👎. Wheels won't be in in time for mounting,etc. Dont trust 21 year rubber that far. Can't wait to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones!:cheers:

RussMcB 04-22-2015 03:11 PM

My wife and I are planning to attend. I haven't seen my ZR-1 since dropping it off at the body shop mid-March for a new paint job. I have a big, long list of things to do to it when I get it back (next week?). Meanwhile I'm twiddling my thumbs and resisting the urge to call the body shop twice a day to see if it's ready yet.

I'm really looking forward to the trip, especially the sessions with racers/speakers. The Mountain Runs, autocross and factory tour (and being away from work) should be fun, too.

Scrrem 04-22-2015 03:17 PM

One here from the WAZOO's looking to do his first Mountain Run :dancing Hope to see many old friends and meet new ones!!
Rich

-=Jeff=- 04-22-2015 03:46 PM

I will be there Wed-Friday.. Toyvet, Ken, is coming with me

We are either driving my 1990 ZR-1 or will drive his 47 Ford (C4 LT1 powered)

Paul Workman 04-22-2015 08:28 PM

The week begins with my second Mountain Run. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the old crew of of Z-mountaineers for another wild time, AND new friends of the GS Registry too and any others as well, culminating at the gathering on Wed. Driving my 90 ZR-1, as detailed below.

BlackWidow#2 04-22-2015 09:52 PM

I am planning on attending.
I will most likely be driving a red c6 z06.
Zee you there!
George

WydGlydJim 04-23-2015 02:41 PM

I plan on attending.....I am having a very hard time figuring out what I want to drive. Do I drive the Lingenfelter; don't really want to put the miles on her to and fro. Do I trailer her behind the '55 bus; this will be the first trip out in it since I have it ready to tour; nervous about the length of the first trip all the way to Bowling Green and have to borrow a trailer. Do I trailer behind the 4.8 Chevy short bed truck; would have to borrow a trailer.............

:dontknow:

garyhugo 04-23-2015 06:10 PM

I'll be at the Holiday Inn Wednesday evening. Driving 90-1572 from Jacksonville,FL and bringing my father the second owner.Spending Thursday at the track and doing all the other things til our trip home Sunday.Looking forward to meeting some of the brothers from the club.
Gary Hugo

Blue Flame Restorations 04-23-2015 06:31 PM

See you all there!

Z51JEFF 04-24-2015 12:08 AM

If anybody happens to find,see an OEM windshield weather stripping can you pick it up for me? Must be GM and in the sealed factory bag contained. Or if it's a business I can buy from can you forward me the info. Thanks, Jeff.

Arctic91 04-24-2015 07:46 AM

Another first timer here. I'll be driving the Turquoise Met '90 down with some of the other WAZOO members on Sun to take part in MR3, then over to BG on Wed.

Scott

ZR1North 04-24-2015 10:17 AM

Will be at MR and The Gathering for the first time. Really looking forward to it. My wife, Linda, is joining me. Picking up the Zee in an hour from Marc after a five-month separation. With 510 pkg, 410s, (it's a long list of upgrades), I "think I'll experience a difference".

See everyone in a few weeks. Bob

LT5Vette 04-24-2015 06:32 PM

Thinking I'll trailer from Iowa, Nitto 05 aren't very good in rain. Been there with BFG 008's not fun. Looking forward to a great week.
Tod

RussMcB 04-24-2015 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZR1North (Post 224363)
Will be at MR and The Gathering for the first time. Really looking forward to it. My wife, Linda, is joining me. Picking up the Zee in an hour from Marc after a five-month separation. With 510 pkg, 410s, (it's a long list of upgrades), I "think I'll experience a difference".

Oh, man you must be pretty excited about that!

I might ask for a short joy ride. Sounds like fun.

ZR1North 04-24-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussMcB (Post 224408)
Oh, man you must be pretty excited about that!

I might ask for a short joy ride. Sounds like fun.

Be happy to accommodate, Russ! Think I'll be sleeping in the garage tonight.

HAWAIIZR-1 04-25-2015 12:52 PM

I'll be Zless (for the 3rd time), but see you all there.

NVMYRC51 04-25-2015 04:52 PM

Alright for you guys with 510 packages and built 427's....I am going to need a ride. I am pretty much stock minus a few small things so I really want to feel what can be accomplished. Look forward to meeting everybody.

Craig,

WARP TEN 04-26-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVMYRC51 (Post 224460)
Alright for you guys with 510 packages and built 427's....I am going to need a ride. I am pretty much stock minus a few small things so I really want to feel what can be accomplished. Look forward to meeting everybody.

Craig,

Glad to help out Craig. I'll be arriving in WARP TEN late Wednesday afternoon and will be there through Sat night.--Bob

NVMYRC51 04-28-2015 11:05 AM

Ha, ha, my trip starts from Miami in 10 days. Looking forward to a nice cruise to Ky. Hopefully a little cooler than steamy south florida.

Craig,

bradley 04-28-2015 05:06 PM

not sure but hope to go unless the doctors want to operate on me . I sent all winter putting a new motor,clutch, billbs tranny, steering rack , suspension lowered1in, radiator water pump, in her to go just have to get the air conditioning running . a 5000 mile round trip would be fun . is there going to be drag racing this year ????

turbowurm 04-28-2015 05:49 PM

Flying in from Switzerland, staying Wed to Sun. Its my First Gathering, so i'm very excitet!!
2 Years ago i visited the Factory, the Museum and of corse JVD.

See You all there.
Greets, Urs

...and Sorry, there is not enough space in my Bag for the Z.
So no Z only some Rental Crap.

JimZRyd 04-28-2015 09:02 PM

Don't feel bad being Z-less fellas....mines up on jack stands for coilovers install and the Fikse's I ordered want be here for another month so I'll be right there with you. Still will be a blast hanging out with the Brotherhood!

cvette98pacecar 04-28-2015 09:41 PM

At this point I have no clue what I am going to be driving. Heavy work load and death in the Family has left me short on free time.
Might put some miles on the 98PC. It has been ten years since I took her on a lenghty road trip.

Vetman 04-28-2015 10:59 PM

Wife and I driving from Yakima Washington. Four days driving. Maybe I am setting a record in terms of miles. I assume the speakers will be recorded. Especially the record run session. Reeeeaaalllyy looking foreword to meeting members and the whole event! Sunday heading to Marc's shop for some radio work and then the long drive home.

JimZRyd 04-29-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvette98pacecar (Post 224688)
At this point I have no clue what I am going to be driving. Heavy work load and death in the Family has left me short on free time.
Might put some miles on the 98PC. It has been ten years since I took her on a lenghty road trip.

Sorry for your loss Robert. My condolences for you and your family.

Rex Ruby 04-29-2015 08:52 AM

Starting with the MR3 too!

A26B 04-29-2015 12:36 PM

Planning on arriving Thursday, late afternoon. Bringing along some good friends from Stillwater.....

Rick Kirk, RK Machine
Heavily involved in outside machine shop services during engine development and early production, lots of great LT5 history stories.

Greg VanDeventer, Mercruiser
Involved in the LT5 manufacturing program from the beginning and many special LT5 projects along the way. Still doing custom LT5 port work on heads, inj housings and plenum. He's top of the craft.

Chris Allen, Mercruiser
Tapped by Mercury to develop the LT5 production line, Chris was one of the initial Mercury personnel to be involved in the LT5 program.

Rick & Greg have made the 1500 mile round trip with me before. Those trips were the seemingly shortest 11hr trips I've ever made. Talked the whole way and never ran out of topics.

We will be towing the Lingenfelter 415 Aerobody ZR-1.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

PS: will be bringing some gaskets, seals & a few typical parts, coils, wires, alternator, starter, etc. in case someone needs something while there.

nelson007 04-29-2015 08:23 PM

I'll be flying down Wednesday, staying to Sunday.

Nelson

efnfast 04-29-2015 08:36 PM

I AM IN!!! Doug's (Mystic ZR-1) travel partner needed to bow out. I'm in. Can't wait, we'll be coming in my car. We will not be running MR3. Bummer. -Steve

diamond zr1 04-29-2015 09:58 PM

I will be hauling PHIL'S car up from San Antonio/another 415 lingenfelter Aerobody cr1/bringing along some Texan's to do the cooking Friday night/bring your appetite,and sign up now so we know how much brisket and ribs to bring

Mystic ZR-1 05-01-2015 09:48 AM

Anyone from the Northeast interested in hooking up for the drive to BG for the Gathering?
Can't do MR3 this year, BG only...:cry:
Tentative plan: leave sometime Tuesday. Stay overnite somewhere enroute
after a long day and finish up Wed @ BGHI in time to catch our breath before Pizza Nite.
We'll be in efnfast's black 90 this year
14 hours from CT add 3 for efnfast in NH...

HAWAIIZR-1 05-01-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbowurm (Post 224672)
Flying in from Switzerland, staying Wed to Sun. Its my First Gathering, so i'm very excitet!!
2 Years ago i visited the Factory, the Museum and of corse JVD.

See You all there.
Greets, Urs

...and Sorry, there is not enough space in my Bag for the Z.
So no Z only some Rental Crap.

Wow, that is too awesome to have a member coming from Switzerland! I remember the last time I went there were gentlemen from Spain and they won the "farthest distance traveled award"; its all you this year! I would feel like I whimped out if I did not make the trip from California this time. Have a safe trip and looking forward to meeting you.:cheers:

Craig

RussMcB 05-03-2015 01:18 AM

Here's my car as of 8 days before the Mountain Runs / C4 Gathering. It's going to be a busy week.

Car was black when I bought it (originally turquoise) but I always wanted a yellow Corvette. Silly me thought it'd be no problem getting it painted before the big event.

Oh, and also this week: New brakes, shocks, tires, wheels and stereo.

I know it will all be worth it come next Monday.

http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?alb...pictureid=2848

Paul Workman 05-03-2015 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 (Post 224858)
Wow, that is too awesome to have a member coming from Switzerland! I remember the last time I went there were gentlemen from Spain and they won the "farthest distance traveled award"; its all you this year! I would feel like I whimped out if I did not make the trip from California this time. Have a safe trip and looking forward to meeting you.:cheers:

Craig

Well, you could always say you came from Japan to attend, and have a stop-over in CA on the way!:p

bradley 05-03-2015 11:01 AM

sure wish I could go .had planned to but have back surgery to remove a tumor the fri before . maybe next year.

HAWAIIZR-1 05-03-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 224967)
Well, you could always say you came from Japan to attend, and have a stop-over in CA on the way!:p

Good one....not too far from the truth P! See you in a few weeks!

HAWAIIZR-1 05-03-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussMcB (Post 224966)
Here's my car as of 8 days before the Mountain Runs / C4 Gathering. It's going to be a busy week.

Car was black when I bought it (originally turquoise) but I always wanted a yellow Corvette. Silly me thought it'd be no problem getting it painted before the big event.

Oh, and also this week: New brakes, shocks, tires, wheels and stereo.

I know it will all be worth it come next Monday.

http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?alb...pictureid=2848

That is going to look awesome Russ! Can't wait to see the finished product.:cheers:

HAWAIIZR-1 05-03-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradley (Post 224988)
sure wish I could go .had planned to but have back surgery to remove a tumor the fri before . maybe next year.

Best wishes and recovery for your surgery.