ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   OBX cat-back exhaust (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16010)

RICKYRJ1 01-09-2012 05:03 PM

Re: OBX cat-back exhaust

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1 (Post 130645)
Coat them

:thumbsup:

What he said! Well worth it, :cheers:

PhillipsLT5 01-09-2012 05:58 PM

coated here, still look like that pic years later
There is a Jet Hot here in Tempe AZ

Corbusa 01-09-2012 06:52 PM

Scrrem, That looks Great !!!! Dang I wish I could fit another side job in soon .. aahhhhhh !!!!!!!!! I want my vette to have the exhaust system.. I'm trying to get on the railroad , maybe I'll get lucky and get called soon :)

tomtom72 01-09-2012 07:06 PM

First, Yun that was a very well written critique of the OBX cat back system. Thank you for the time on that one, you da man!

Second, I wear glasses but tell me the price is less than $400.00 ???? for an entire cat back system?!?

Or do I need to get new glasses?:o

:cheers:
Tom

secondchance 01-09-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtom72 (Post 130676)
First, Yun that was a very well written critique of the OBX cat back system. Thank you for the time on that one, you da man!

Second, I wear glasses but tell me the price is less than $400.00 ???? for an entire cat back system?!?

Or do I need to get new glasses?:o

:cheers:
Tom

You don't need new glasses - $349 plus $55 shipping!

efnfast 01-10-2012 07:20 AM

Thanks for all the input. I kind of highjacked this thread. Looks like when the time comes it'll be OBX headers, ceramic coated and an OBX exhaust. Are those cats on the ends off the headers, or just something that will make the inspection guy think they're cats?=D>
Steve

secondchance 01-10-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efnfast (Post 130722)
Thanks for all the input. I kind of highjacked this thread. Looks like when the time comes it'll be OBX headers, ceramic coated and an OBX exhaust. Are those cats on the ends off the headers, or just something that will make the inspection guy think they're cats?=D>
Steve

That thing immediately after the collector is just a glass pack disguised to look like metallic cat - hopefully tric inspection guys.

efnfast 01-10-2012 09:40 AM

In NH all that is required is a visual inspection.:dancing:flag:

DaveK 01-10-2012 10:32 AM

Really appreciate the information and feedback on this thread. I'd already bought the headers a while back, just ordered the cat backs to match :)

One question - when you get the headers coated is it just the header/collector or do you get everything done?

secondchance 01-10-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveK (Post 130733)
Really appreciate the information and feedback on this thread. I'd already bought the headers a while back, just ordered the cat backs to match :)

One question - when you get the headers coated is it just the header/collector or do you get everything done?

I had the headers, collectors, fake cats and one elbow - basically everything that came as a part of header from OBX- coated.
One more thing, I did not like clamps that came w/ headers or the exhaust. I ordered, I think, 6 2-1/2" band clamps (for cat back exhaust) and 2 3" band clams (for header collectors) and one 2-3/4" band clamp for fake cat to sleeve for driverside - all from Torca Accuseal. Also, I used 2-3/4" wide band clamp for connection between the driverside header and driverside exhaust. These wide band clamps (for slip joint not butt joint) do not crush the exhaust pipe so that later on when the exhaust has to be removed for tranny, clutch, or other work, exhaust can be disconnected and reconnected w/ minimal hassle.