ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Top Toy is Dead (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31078)

RussMcB 10-20-2019 12:10 PM

Re: Top Toy is Dead

very sorry to hear this. looks like a hard hit. Like everyone else, glad you weren't hurt worse.

In an attempt to make you feel better, ...

Most of us have had great cars in our pasts we no longer own. We have great memories from having owned them. We've moved on to new, different cars and started making new memories. You'll heal and will likely have more cool cars in your future.

And, there's a good chance your drive train will live on, either to help another ZR-1 survive (or improve!), or maybe it will end up in a cool hot rod.

Hoping for fast mending.

cvette98pacecar 10-20-2019 01:04 PM

Cold old tires even worse, dont pay attention to how much tread you have left on your tires, Pay attention to if the rubber is hard or not.
I am glad I didnt read about another ZR-1 brothers passing. You can buy another car. Im glad your still with us.

Jeptha Kolb bought 555R a couple years back for his Z, his comment was the tires would get hard before they were worn.

z proud 10-20-2019 02:01 PM

Best of luck on a speedy recovery,
We’re almost neighbors, don’t believe we ever met!
If you need anything let us know, you should be able to retain the car on a salvage title. You would have parts for your next one, or pars for the community.

Vette73 10-21-2019 12:44 PM

Oh man....Met you at carlisle a few years back....Im so sorry to hear this...Hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery ...

Vette Guy 10-21-2019 01:15 PM

Important part of the ZR-1 was you.

Consider saving your ZR-1, and we can find another ZR-1 for you as a donor for your drivetrain.....

Glad you made it through. Wish you a speedy recovery. Let us know what we can help with.

Regards,
Mark

Top Toy 10-21-2019 03:57 PM

Thanks so much Mark! Your thoughts are very much appreciated. A couple friends were going to check out the car today. I should have a better idea soon re what may be salvageable and have floated the idea with the insurance company. Hope something can be worked out.

You're right - that car has been a highlight of my life since the day I took delivery on December 31st, 1992. And not so much because of the car itself (although I always considered it very special) but, more importantly, because of all the lifelong friendships made as a result of owning it. I sincerely appreciate everything you and the rest of the Registry team have done to keep The Legend alive. You're impacting a lot of lives in a very positive way!

Was able to take my first steps today with a walker and am thrilled!

Young1 10-21-2019 05:42 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you and your one owner Z. I trust rehab goes well for you. It is going to be tuff and awkward. I feel with you. I broke knee, hip and elbow on on left side in 07. I got around in wheel chair going backward with one foot pushing and steering! Gotta keep moving. I am sure something will work out to get you into another Z. I am glad she sacrificed herself to surround you and keep you inside. Thank you Dave McLellan and team.

Top Toy 10-21-2019 10:02 PM

Update on the condition of the car... A friend looked at it today and, AMAZINGLY, started it a few times and rocked it back and forth in gear! Back up and brake lights even work! If anybody has an interest in a 33,000 mile '93 drive train, 550 CHP stock short block motor, 4.10 gears, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Pete 10-21-2019 10:28 PM

Dennis sorry to hear about your accident.
Thank god your ok.
Get well soon.

Pete

G8nightman 10-21-2019 10:29 PM

Interested

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry