ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ALDL Fault Codes (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25660)

WVZR-1 02-17-2020 07:57 AM

Re: ALDL Fault Codes

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps the harness fabricator using this wiring diagram can explain how to accomplish what -=JEFF=- suggested. Or perhaps have the PROM 'modded'! A PROM mod might certainly be more practical.

Attachment 11322.

Perry Mitchell 02-17-2020 10:31 PM

I am going to talk to Marc Haibeck about reprogramming my prom. He should be able to make any necessary changes to my early AXFK prom correct?

-=Jeff=- 02-17-2020 10:55 PM

I believe you will still need the resistor

WVZR-1 02-18-2020 02:01 AM

A conversation is certainly less expensive and a 'non-destructive' start I'd think. The harness sounds as if it was a somewhat 'generic' fabrication. Much might depend on the ECM pinning that's actually populated in the harness. A 90 doesn't have C18 or C22 populated so if the fabricator uses a very basic approach I'd think Marc could get you squared away with a 'solution'. The solution might or might NOT be PROM mod.

Perry Mitchell 02-18-2020 11:46 AM

So let's back up a minute. What does the 66 code mean? Is the system locked in valet mode or full power mode or somewhere else?

WVZR-1 02-18-2020 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The rest of the diagnostic page !

That's why I suggested a 'conversation' with maybe the fabricator. Marc is also a good choice! If you don't have the 'switch' and the IGN power i'd think you have immediate issues.

Do you have the '91 ECM 'pin-outs' to confirm what you have for a harness to the ECM?

Attachment 11323

Perry Mitchell 02-19-2020 12:34 PM

I talked to the harness manufacture, (Ron Francis Wire Works) and he is being helpful in resolving this code 66 issue. Can someone please tell me where I can find a schematic showing the ECM pin locations with their corresponding numbers on the ECM connectors? I tried searching this forum and Marc's website to no avail. Thanks for all your help.

WVZR-1 02-19-2020 01:17 PM

PERRY

I sent you a PM. I do not recall your email from the work to correct your VSS issues. I have all that you could need for all years ECM. I believe maybe the best for you might be an entire FSM for the correct year that Ronn Francis Suggests. I can do that. I'm guessing the suggested might be a '91. I've got that and if they might have suggested a '90 I have that also. Either OR both aren't an issue!

I sent you the GREEN - C Connector Pin-Outs, also RED - B and I'll get a FSM ready for you!

-Dave

Perry Mitchell 02-20-2020 11:28 AM

Thank you Dave. I will be talking to you soon.

Corvette95 02-20-2020 12:57 PM

Jumping in late, so this a LT5 transplant? I see the post about 12 to 16 pin adapter... if you left an obd2 plug on an earlier -pre-95 (95 has the obd2 even though it is a hybrid)it could be an issue, as far as the power key, another member made a good point of the power key you are using 91 or 90. Also, do you know if the secondaries or other may have been removed? While I don't think this applies , Vetronix makes an OBD2 interface for the Tech1A that works perfect. Happy to help but WVZR-1 is the man. But I am here if I can help.