ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   95' ZR-1 at Barrett/Jackson - Palm Beach -$23K (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29051)

spork2367 04-13-2018 03:53 PM

Re: 95' ZR-1 at Barrett/Jackson - Palm Beach -$23K

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfalzarano (Post 277602)
Can we only have positive comments...

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

I'm positive the guy who spent 44k wasted a ton of money...

merc64 04-13-2018 05:17 PM

Ok, that was funny...

KILLSHOTS 04-13-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfalzarano (Post 277602)
Can we only have positive comments...

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

Sure, no problem. Here in the ZR-1 Land of Make Believe, where they're ALL worth 6 figures...

rossgn49u 04-13-2018 05:29 PM

Just sold for $16,500 at Leake Auction in Dallas. I bid up to $16k online, but just couldn't go any higher without a test drive.

https://www.leakecar.com/vehicle/320...Corvette-ZR-1/

jss06c6 04-13-2018 06:25 PM

Ok, so following the illogical trend.. if we took a high mileage ZR-1, put a killer paint job on it, customized the interior, put a twin turbo LS7 in, spent $30k on a killer audio system, put the suspension on the ground and some fancy wheels with plenty of bling....we could expect say, $55-65k at auction for an investment of $100k plus.. seems a clean, straight, well cared for ZR-1 is a better sell, even at $20K...

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

spork2367 04-13-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jss06c6 (Post 277613)
Ok, so following the illogical trend.. if we took a high mileage ZR-1, put a killer paint job on it, customized the interior, put a twin turbo LS7 in, spent $30k on a killer audio system, put the suspension on the ground and some fancy wheels with plenty of bling....we could expect say, $55-65k at auction for an investment of $100k plus.. seems a clean, straight, well cared for ZR-1 is a better sell, even at $20K...

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

Nope, it’s a c4. Still worth nothing...lol.

Mystic ZR-1 04-13-2018 08:27 PM

FWIW: Another ZR-1 sold on BaT today.
1993, Black/Black, 22k miles, a few issues but not bad.
Not as nice as the 6k mile 90 that sold the other day.
Sold for $22k.

DRM500RUBYZR-1 04-13-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS (Post 277608)
Sure, no problem. Here in the ZR-1 Land of Make Believe, where they're ALL worth 6 figures...

And what did you pay for yours?
:cheers:
Marty

TX '90 ZR1 04-13-2018 08:44 PM

OK Guys & Gals;
I'm a little hesitant to jump in here, but I have noticed a disturbing trend. May get some negative feedback, but I've been around the block more than once and it will run off like water on a ducks back!
Seems like every time a car sells for less than some think it should the reaction is "Our cars are not worth anything and will be worth less tomorrow". I sometimes wonder if these actually own one.
If a car sells for more than some think it should we see "They will never get their money out of that one!". I also wonder if these own one.
Every car is different. Every situation is different. Most (definitely not ALL) buyers have some knowledge of the value of vehicles they buy.
If one sells for less than expected I would think there are possibly issues with the car that will require some investment to correct. If not, the buyer got a "good deal". And good for them!
If it was really "Too cheap", why did the commenters that indicate it was below value not buy it?
On the other side of the coin, the cars that sell for "Too much" may be a completely vetted car and exactly what the buyer was looking for. If in an auction setting, it takes more than 1 bidder to get to the selling price. (Qualify that with if an inexperienced buyer and gets run by the auctioneer).
If the buyer is happy with their purchase, again, good for them!
Our cars, and most speciality cars, are not to be looked at as a financial investment opportunity. If you expect to come out ahead financially, put your money somewhere else and skip all the work.
But, if you are passionate about a vehicle, enjoy driving it, enjoy the time and effort involved to keep it in condition, you have discovered the real investment value. All things are not tied to the "$" sign.
I will most likely sell my ZR-1 some day. If I kept an accurate accounting of the dollars invested I am confident the bottom line would not be pretty. I take satisfaction from both driving and working on the car to make it the best it can be. This is where the real value is.
2 Cheers !! :cheers: :cheers:

shawn8492 04-13-2018 09:33 PM

I have wanted a 90 ZR-1 since they came out. I always bout the newer Corvettes like a C5 then a C6 (not brand new) that were about the same price as ZR-1s.
After having the newer Corvettes, I realized the C4's were truly my favorites. Also, after watching ZR-1 prices for years, it looked like they had bottomed out.

I didn't buy my car as an investment, but I wanted to get one while they were at the bottom but had stopped dropping, which is where I feel like they are today.

I love my car and I am not losing money like I would if I had bought a newer Corvette.

I think one day we will be a lot happier with the auction prices, but it may be a while.
Shawn