ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Throwout Bearing (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33961)

LGAFF 04-23-2022 04:22 PM

Re: Throwout Bearing

Mine failed on my 92 at 21K miles, came completely apart. The release point will change and your will hear a whirring sound when engaging/disengaging

Tony Davila 04-26-2022 07:45 PM

I have bought and used Centerforce N1401 throw out bearings from Summit Racing. Good quality and have had no issues.

HAWAIIZR-1 04-26-2022 08:47 PM

Throwout Bearing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Davila (Post 332247)
I have bought and used Centerforce N1401 throw out bearings from Summit Racing. Good quality and have had no issues.

Hooah Tony! What are the chances you might have photos or remember why kind of bearing it had? My understanding is the problem is the crappy bearings that some manufacturers were using. Centerforce is a name brand so I imagine they used the good bearings.

Young1 04-26-2022 09:04 PM

Yeah Tony. 70 bucks puts it in the must be good price range.

Racinfan83 05-03-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaver's 90ZR1 (Post 332118)
Thank you both for your quick replies. I'm a 67 year old man that has only dealt with this issue on older vehicles in the past. When I heard the squealing from the clutch being used, it sounded just like a throwout bearing - very loud - never happened before and now I can't get it to repeat itself. I'm not sure what's going on. And, I'll say it again - I MEAN VERY LOUD. Really caught me off guard. Thank you again.

Mine did that noise - turned out to be the pilot bushing. Had PTS inspect the TO bearing and clutch when I took them out - they were in perfect shape (approximately 20700 miles).. Replaced pilot bushing and noise went away, and no issues since.
If it quit doing it - you may be good. My car has sat a lot in it's life - it's possible mine would have quit making noise as well - but I'm anal with that kind of stuff and just pulled trans and clutch/changed pilot bushing...

Tony Davila 05-07-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 (Post 332250)
Hooah Tony! What are the chances you might have photos or remember why kind of bearing it had? My understanding is the problem is the crappy bearings that some manufacturers were using. Centerforce is a name brand so I imagine they used the good bearings.

I have an extra TB at home, I?ll snap a picture of the bearing when I get home from BG.

HAWAIIZR-1 05-08-2022 12:38 AM

Throwout Bearing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Davila (Post 332487)
I have an extra TB at home, I?ll snap a picture of the bearing when I get home from BG.

No rush Tony! I?m asking for others as I am good to go with spare. It?s hard to find the quality INA bearing. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry