ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Top Toy is Dead (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31078)

lfalzarano 10-20-2019 07:10 AM

Re: Top Toy is Dead

Glad you’re safe. And sorry for your loss of a nice Z. Maybe you can buy it back at auction and sell off the parts and buy a C8. They have all season tires on them. Now get well!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

SpeedSmith 10-20-2019 07:39 AM

Get well soon! And I agree, there has to be a way to get at least the drivetrain out of the car. Good Luck.

garyhugo 10-20-2019 08:00 AM

Wow,sorry for your loss.Have a speedy and full recovery. Seeing the photos reminds me of how fortunate I have been. I may slow down.

Top Toy 10-20-2019 09:03 AM

As every Z owner knows, our cars' rears want to kick to the left when we lose traction and I was able to reduce that a lot with the addition of "C" beam plates but I always considered it part of the car's personality that made it so much fun to drive. I had one other semi-serious excursion a few years ago at an NCM track event but, hey, gotta expect a little excitement when you're pushing to the limit.

I was so used to the rear kicking out under acceleration that my reflexes handled it without even thinking. This one, though, happened so quickly and to such an extreme that I had no time to react or correct. Kind of reminded me of a time several years ago when one of our cars drove into the wall at Beech Bend during one of our gatherings. Bottom line - be very careful when pushing these cars. I don't regret any of the fun I had with this car but should have been more careful under the conditions I was driving. My car was making around 550 HP at the crank - many of our big bore/stroke cars put out much more - but that's a huge increase over the performance level designed in from the factory. So, learn from my experience and be very careful. Save a life!

And now let me get back to filling out the order form for a C8 ZO6. 😆

LGAFF 10-20-2019 09:15 AM

Why crush it? Insurance carrier will sell it... or even offer it back to you as a buyback

Top Toy 10-20-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGAFF (Post 300049)
Why crush it? Insurance carrier will sell it... or even offer it back to you as a buyback

Will be calling the insurance company today to explore the options. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app

RichS 10-20-2019 09:42 AM

Wow Dennis sorry for your loss! Glad your still here to talk about it. I think all these cars once we mod them, we kind of get immune to the power and they seem tame. Get well soon!

32valvZ 10-20-2019 10:04 AM

Wow... glad youre recovering.... Sorry bout the whole deal!

conesare2seconds 10-20-2019 10:58 AM

Sorry about the car, glad you are okay.

BlackZR1 10-20-2019 12:07 PM

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
We met a couple years ago at Carlisle. i told you of my upcoming project to swap in a 4:10 diff and you recommended those C-beam plates you mentioned.
i followed your advice.