ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   ZR-1 Net Registry Club News (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How about a why I did join. (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22684)

efnfast 04-14-2014 02:00 PM

Re: How about a why I did join.

I'd be afraid of my car without the friends I've made on this site. -Steve

Fully Vetted 04-14-2014 02:32 PM

You and me both...

scottfab 04-14-2014 03:41 PM

Great queston, great answers. Mine are a bit the same and a bit different. I include all past incarnations of the club I joined some 17yrs ago.
1. To share the joy and the pain.
2. To learn and to disseminate
3. To meet the designers.
4. To keep ZR-1s on the road.

KILLSHOTS 04-16-2014 06:30 PM

I'm a brand new member, and I have only owned my Z for 2 months. From a crass, monetary standpoint, the folks I've met have already saved me at least 10 times the cost of my membership dues. From a personal standpoint, I've been instantly and warmly accepted as a friend by a great group of guys who have a genuine interest in helping me improve and enjoy my new car...most especially David Johnson, who has absolutely gone out of his way on several occasions for me, expecting nothing in return.

Call me naive, but isn't that exactly what this is all supposed to be about?

Roadster 04-17-2014 03:02 PM

Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....

Blue Flame Restorations 04-17-2014 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=Roadster;200765]Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....[QUOTE]

Hi Tom. The BOD's met with the website folks today. There is a system glitch that is causing your issue. We hope to have that corrected ASAP! I apologize for the inconvenience but am also very glad to have you aboard as a new member, soon.

Brett Henderson

We Gone 04-17-2014 06:45 PM

Welcome Tom, Hope you enjoy many years here as I have. Looking forward to your posts.

Roadster 04-17-2014 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=Blue Flame Restorations;200785][QUOTE=Roadster;200765]Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

And I agree with the comment about David Johnson, he has ZR-1 in his blood. Also as with other members here, a wealth of info from all of them that will take me time to absorb:) Thx.....
Quote:

Hi Tom. The BOD's met with the website folks today. There is a system glitch that is causing your issue. We hope to have that corrected ASAP! I apologize for the inconvenience but am also very glad to have you aboard as a new member, soon.

Brett Henderson

Thanks Brett, as of now the glitch is still there, will try again tomorrow.
And thanks for checking into this and your response.....appreciated Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Gone (Post 200786)
Welcome Tom, Hope you enjoy many years here as I have. Looking forward to your posts.

Thank you Steve, have alot to learn about the LT5, as I mentioned before, there is a wealth of info on this site......:-D
And I like my ZR-1......:):-D Tom

A1990 04-17-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster (Post 200765)
Trying to join, but no luck, I can log on to the forum, but not when I checkout for a new membership. Jim has been trying to help, sent me a new password, but doing the same thing. So I may have to print out the form and mail it in, but I prefer to do it asap on the site. Any thoughts???? Thanks Tom

Who is Jim? PM me your user name and email address and I will try to help

Roadster 04-19-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1990 (Post 200800)
Who is Jim? PM me your user name and email address and I will try to help

Jimis the person who sent me a temp password, to see if it would allow me to logon to join......I have no troublr in the forum area, but still can't join as of tonight.....

Also PM sent........thx.....Tom