ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is there a $F0 source/assembly file anywhere? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35258)

scorp508 05-06-2024 12:29 PM

Re: Is there a $F0 source/assembly file anywhere?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiegsd (Post 342994)
Rgr. I was poking around last week for a motorola chip diassembler, looks there are a few running around of unknown (to me anyway) quality, and IDA may be able to do it in the paid version, still looking into that.

Any idea what type of processor these were these based on back in the day? I could try to lean on some of my professional contacts if I can give them a hint of what they're disassembling.

tpepmeie 05-09-2024 09:20 AM

Motorola 68HC11
if that's what you are asking.

tpepmeie 05-09-2024 09:27 AM

Many many years ago I made a complete, fully commented disassembly of BFXB, and BMCB. Had the others partially complete but moved on to other things. Had full access to the source code to add, delete, routines and reassemble. It worked, I added closed loop lambda control at one point. I had a lot more free time in my 30s I guess... LOL

scorp508 05-09-2024 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpepmeie (Post 343065)
Many many years ago I made a complete, fully commented disassembly of BFXB, and BMCB. Had the others partially complete but moved on to other things. Had full access to the source code to add, delete, routines and reassemble. It worked, I added closed loop lambda control at one point. I had a lot more free time in my 30s I guess... LOL

Annnnnd those files now reside where? :mrgreen: :dancing

Beer money to your Venmo/Paypal is waiting. :cheers:

scorp508 05-09-2024 10:56 AM

For what it's worth it has been recommended I give Ghidra (https://ghidra-sre.org/) a try for disassembly. The NSA created it.... so who knows what else it'll install on my machine. :mrgreen:

tpepmeie 05-09-2024 01:26 PM

I found an old presentation I did at the Gathering in 2004. Attached.

https://toddpepmeier.wixsite.com/pep...-presentations

tpepmeie 05-10-2024 01:16 PM

If I remember, the "ANHT" hac was more closely related to the LT5 code at the time. It almost seemed like the various operating code sections were pulled from a menu and inserted into whatever calibration they needed to create at the time. All the LT5 calibrations are similar, but you can tell over time where they added some tweaks and minor functionality here and there. The BMCB version strikes me as the most advanced. Makes sense since it was among the final releases.

Here's a snippet of the BFXB code, which determines the target air-fuel ratio in open loop, and then applies the richest of the calculated ratios to determine the final ratio.

Code:

** OPEN LOOP/CLOSED LOOP FUEL/AIR RATIO CALCULATION
OLCLAIRF      CLRA
              LDAB  FATI                                    TIMEOUT A/F RATIO
              ADDB  KFABIAS                                        OPEN LOOP F/A BIAS USED TO SET UP LEAN LIMIT
              ADCA  #0
              ADDB  FATC                                    COOL TEMP F/A RATIO OFFSET
              ADCA  #0
              PSHB
              PSHA
              BRSET  MWFA1;BIT7,FAADDVAP                      1=CLOSED LOOP MODE (BOTH SENSORS CL)

*** ADD MAP BASED TERM (VAPORIZATION FACTOR) IF IN OPEN LOOP
              LDAA  NMAPLD                                  NORMALIZED MAP VALUE
              LDX    #F50H                                          OPEN LOOP FUEL/AIR % CHANGE V. MAP
              JSR    P4LKUPQ                                  2D TABLE LOOKUP, NO OFFSET, SPACED 16
              STAA  FAVAPF                                  FUEL/AIR VAPORIZATION FACTOR
FAADDVAP      PULA
              PULB
              ADDB  FAVAPF                                  FUEL/AIR VAPORIZATION FACTOR
              ADCA  #0

*** APPLY ALL FUEL/AIR MODIFICATION TERMS TO STOCHIOMETRIC
MULFAST        LDX    KFASTCN                                        STOCHIOMETRIC A/F RATIO
              JSR    P4M1616C                                16X16 MULTIPLY RETURN W/ MIDDLE 2 BYTES
              STD    FAVALNPE                                NON-PWR ENRICH F/A VALUE

** PE FUEL-AIR RATIO CALCULATION
              BRCLR  MWFA;BIT5,PEAIRFLX                      1=POWER ENRICHMENT ACTIVE

LDX    #F68E                                          POWER ENRICH FUEL/AIR % CHG V. RPM
              LDAA  NTRPMX                                  RPM/25
              CMPA  #160
              BHI    PEAF001
              SUBA  #16
              BCC    PEAF002
              CLRA
              BRA    PEAF002

PEAF001        LDAA  NTRPMZ                                  RPM/31.25
              ADDA  #16
              BCC    *+4
              LDAA  #255
PEAF002        JSR    P4LKUPQ                                  2D TABLE LOOKUP, NO OFFSET, SPACED 16
              TAB
              LDX    #128
              ABX
              LDAB  LKUPF67                                  F67 LOOKUP IN 100 MSEC COOLVAR
              ABX
              LDD    KFASTCN                                        STOCHIOMETRIC A/F RATIO
              JSR    P4M1616C                                16X16 MULTIPLY RETURN W/ MIDDLE 2 BYTES
              STD    FAVALPE                                  PWR ENRICH F/A VALUE
PEAIRFLX      EQU    *

* RICHEST FUEL/AIR RATIO (P.E. OR NON-P.E.) DETERMINATION LOGIC
FAVALUPD      LDX    FAVALPE                                  PWR ENRICH F/A VALUE
              CPX    FAVALNPE                                NON-PWR ENRICH F/A VALUE
              BHI    *+5
              LDX    FAVALNPE                                NON-PWR ENRICH F/A VALUE
LCB36          STX    FAVAL                                    FINAL TOTAL F/A VALUE

tiegsd 05-15-2024 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorp508 (Post 343068)
For what it's worth it has been recommended I give Ghidra (https://ghidra-sre.org/) a try for disassembly. The NSA created it.... so who knows what else it'll install on my machine. :mrgreen:

:cheers:

tiegsd 05-15-2024 09:30 PM

Interesting stuff going on in those old ECUs. More complicated than I realized.