ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 10-07-2015   #1
batchman

Default WTB: Loose nut behind the wheel needs Loose Nut from behind a wheel!

Greetings,

While doing a front spring swap I find that the last guys to be in here must have lost one of the 4 U-clamp retaining nuts - they replaced it with something generic. I'd prefer to use the right stuff and not torque them to 350 ft/lbs either. I really hate coming in after the guys that use air tools - and only air tools...

So if anybody's got a heap of C4 out back, this is a 15mm (wrench size) nut with a flanged base. If I have to I'll go to a dealer and see (the local one lost its franchise), but I figure anybody with a front-end wrecked C4 probably has one of these lying around - besides, my other 3 are used .

Thanks, I know it's a long shot...
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015   #2
WVZR-1

Default Re: WTB: Loose nut behind the wheel needs Loose Nut from behind a wheel!

GM # 11506101 was the original and you could confirm as I believe it's the same as the nut that retains the front hubs. The newest GM service number is 11514597 and has a price that goes with it. I'd try the original # first as there's much hardware on dealers shelves under the old part . It's M10X1.5 flange headed and is likely on every dealers shelf regardless of brand. GM, FOMOCO, CMC and the IMPORTS. I don't believe the original was prevailing torque but I believe the service part # now might be.

You should have no problem with a quality replacement "LOCAL".
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015   #3
batchman

Default Re: WTB: Loose nut behind the wheel needs Loose Nut from behind a wheel!

Thanks WV! Having the numbers makes the trip to the next-city-over dealer much more likely to be smooth and effective. I may just plump for all 4 since they apparently got the "big gun" treatment, too bad there's no way to get the bolts out with the motor in place. You should see the spring isolators - they kind of "shattered", pretty odd for what I took to be rubber. I'll have to see if VB&P can refurbish the old spring reasonably.

[on edit] Took a while to be heading past during business hours, but a Chebby dealer had 'em at the ready for all of $2 and change.

Best,
- Jeff
[I]91 ZR-1 #1840, autocrossing in SCCA BSP. FIC S/S's
DRM chip/Watson/Borla/lid/LW batt&headlights,
springs, shocks, pads & lines, quick rack & Turn One,
camber brace, 32/22mm sways, A/C halfway deleted
17x11 & 12 CCW's, 315 & 335 Hoosier A6s

[/I]

Last edited by batchman; 10-22-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: update result
batchman is offline   Reply With Quote