ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-23-2014   #31
Dynomite

Default Re: Photo of Vacum lines After removing secondaries 1994 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Ill snap a photo of the vaccum line. It looks like a spiral like the evap that goes to the plenum but a smaller diameter.

Im just curious about leaving the connection open... would that not tell the ecm that there is no vaccum ? Would it cause the pump to run non stop? Or is all this removed in the chip when programmed to run with no secondaries? I did ask Marc as well if it was as he did do my chip for secondary removal. Im just curious about its function.
Yes....a photo of the spiral vacuum line would be great. You got me thinking of the differences in the LT5 by model year which differences are relatively minor but important for those purchasing components. I am starting a list of those LT5 Component Differences by year with photos.

Differences between LT5 Components by Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
**Note: The 90s use a mechanical switch with all the lovely advantages (HA!) of contacts and spring tension and dirt which was replaced by a PCM latch in 91+ cars. IF the POWER switch were to open, and shut the secondaries off on a "secondary-delete" car, a serious lean condition would result, as half of the fuel would be shut off. Soooooo.... I hard-wired the dang thing so that the switch function is bypassed: NO chance of the secondaries being shut off by that switch through accident or mechanical reasons, boy-yo-boy!
I have to include this also as a change from 90' to 91'.

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-23-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014   #32
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
Yes....a photo of the spiral vacuum line would be great. You got me thinking of the differences in the LT5 by model year which differences are relatively minor but important for those purchasing components. I am starting a list of those LT5 Component Differences by year with photos.

Differences between LT5 Components by Year

I have to include this also as a change from 90' to 91'.

Here's a photo of the spiral line
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014   #33
Dynomite

WOW....thanks....and I assume that is a plastic line that fits one end into the rubber "T" near the drivers side Canister vacuum line. The other end I am assuming has a rubber adapter that fits on the line one end and on the nipple of the Differential Pressure Switch?

And it appears the Evap Purge Canister you have on a 94' I assume behind passenger wheel like on 91'........has a coil of plastic tubing under plenum similar to the Differential Pressure Switch coil of plastic tubing. That coil of plastic tubing for Evap Purge connected under front of Plenum Vacuum source. So....for a 94' a BIG mess under Plenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Here's a photo of the spiral line

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-25-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014   #34
5ABI VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
WOW....thanks....and I assume that is a plastic line that fits one end into the rubber "T" near the drivers side Canister vacuum line. The other end I am assuming has a rubber adapter that fits on the line one end and on the nipple of the Differential Pressure Switch?

And it appears the Evap Purge Canister you have on a 94' I assume behind passenger wheel like on 91'........has a coil of plastic tubing under plenum similar to the Differential Pressure Switch coil of plastic tubing. That coil of plastic tubing for Evap Purge connected under front of Plenum Vacuum source. So....for a 94' a BIG mess under Plenum
Exactly! The evap spiral tubing is much thicker I'll put a side by side photo shortly.

Last edited by 5ABI VT; 12-26-2014 at 03:32 PM.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote