ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-20-2014   #11
efnfast

Default Re: Are these wheels wrong?

As a small business owner, I would rather my customers bring errors to my attention and let me fix them, than have the customer walk away with a bad taste in their mouth's. That means they may not come back, and they may not say nice things about me to their friends and family.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014   #12
MickeyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
As a small business owner, I would rather my customers bring errors to my attention and let me fix them, than have the customer walk away with a bad taste in their mouth's. That means they may not come back, and they may not say nice things about me to their friends and family.
Definitely, I would want to know so I could fix immediately. If it's a good shop they should be happy you brought it back.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014   #13
WVZR-1

Were there tires on the wheels when you took them to the shop? A shop would generally do the tires to replicate what they removed.

I would think a shop would like to correct the error BUT for your needs maybe they do well. Directional tread is generally done to reduce hydroplaning and route water more effectively through the tread. If storage is your only intention OR perhaps a few short trips during the winter maybe it's irrelevant.

What do the tires do at speed on the OE wheels? Is your 65MPH vibration still there? Worse or better?
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014   #14
WydGlydJim

Plus the shop will only be out labor...not actual product costs......save maybe a couple of wheel weights....that is easier to absorb. If you are nice, and just explain it is an easy honest mistake, I'm sure they will work with you on the issue.
1973 LS4/sold
WydGlydJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014   #15
Racinfan83

There weren't tires on the wheels when I got them done. I will go ask the guy if he's willing to work with me on them.
WVZR-1 - it has the vibration with these wheels - but the tires are the ones that failed the road force balance. I got some 500mph aluminum aircraft tape and put it in the center bores of the other wheels to tighten the fit and that helped some. I think I will have it aligned at some point before next summer - when I eyeball it it looks toed out and LR looks like more camber then RR. The overall vibration is better but still there. I ran the car pretty hard on some backroads yesterday, hard to tell between "road shake" and actual vibration. I had the top off for first time and was amazed by how much more flex and shake the car had when hitting bumps. Dont think I'll be doing that again. I have yet to get a set of known good wheels/tires and try them. I need to but that's one of those things I hate to ask of someone.
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #16
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Yeah, well, it's too late to worry about that, Steve!! (We're gonna say bad things aboutcha just for spite! LOL!)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #17
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Yeah, well, it's too late to worry about that, Steve!! (We're gonna say bad things aboutcha just for spite! LOL!)
Boy, you can tell who's got your back around here.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote