ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Pacific Region

Old 03-22-2015   #51
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Blackhawk Car's and Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Hey Craig. I should get them in about 2 weeks. I'm having a hard time deciding on either a 275 or 285 tire on the front. So far it's looking like the 275. You going to be around for that Corvette show on the April 26? I'm thinking about putting my car in it, not for the judging, been through that garbage. Get the Z out there and remind people that the King is still alive and well.
I see, you probably won't have them mounted and all by the 5th. I have 275/35 on my 18" X 10" front (335/30 on the 12" rears) CCW so you'll see that on the 5th. I saw that you were looking for photos with 285s.

I was going to do the show but school is killing me and I can't afford to be there all day. The Cars and Coffee is only a few hours so I can make that sacrifice. Besides my 95 that I just bought need some detailing before I want to put it in a show. I might check the show out though. It would be cool if you could represent for the KOTH. Have you ever ran into the woman that is part of that club that has a ZR-1? I assume she will be showing her Z there.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015   #52
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I might check the show out though. It would be cool if you could represent for the KOTH. Have you ever ran into the woman that is part of that club that has a ZR-1? I assume she will be showing her Z there.
There is a couple that have a Ruby Z that the wife races, I've meet them at a few Corvette shows over the years. Cars shows and judging,ain't for me,too much politics and BS. Done it once, never again. I wanted to go with a 10 on the front and a 12 on the rear but everybody kept telling me it wouldn't work even though I knew it would but just to be safe I'm going with a 9.5-18 and a 11.5-19. I've seen the tires, the 275 compared to the 285 is a big jump in height. I think the 285 is too tall so the 275 it is. The rear is a 325-30. I can't wait to see this on the car. Years ago I saw a white car with silver BBS RS wheels and that look is what I'm after. We will see.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015   #53
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
There is a couple that have a Ruby Z that the wife races, I've meet them at a few Corvette shows over the years. Cars shows and judging,ain't for me,too much politics and BS. Done it once, never again. I wanted to go with a 10 on the front and a 12 on the rear but everybody kept telling me it wouldn't work even though I knew it would but just to be safe I'm going with a 9.5-18 and a 11.5-19. I've seen the tires, the 275 compared to the 285 is a big jump in height. I think the 285 is too tall so the 275 it is. The rear is a 325-30. I can't wait to see this on the car. Years ago I saw a white car with silver BBS RS wheels and that look is what I'm after. We will see.
I think you are right about the Ruby Z and I think that is the photo I remember with her standing by it. I agree with you about the shows and sometimes the clubs are social clubs only. I have had my 10s and 12s ever since I got my Z in 2003 and never had an issue with any clearance or otherwise, but nothing wrong with the set up you have and I'm sure it will look bitchin. Seems like a little over 1/3 inch taller and wider for the 285 depending on tire brand, etc. so I understand what you mean. Man, if I could get a set of BBS RS I would do so. Way back then I begged BBS to make it again for our offset and no luck. Can't wait to see those HREs on your car. Almost thought about putting my black Dymag Gen II with red pin stripe on, but will run the CCWs for a little while. Seems like too much black, but will try them on later. Will definitely run them a Laguna Seca in May since they have the Nitto NT05s on them. See you in a few weeks; can't wait to meet the NorCal group.

Old 03-22-2015   #54
tpr60

The lady you talk about is Mim Peterson from Santa Clara Corvettes, she now autocross a c4 with a tune port on slicks. The zr1 is for driving and shows now.
tpr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #55
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr60 View Post
The lady you talk about is Mim Peterson from Santa Clara Corvettes, she now autocross a c4 with a tune port on slicks. The zr1 is for driving and shows now.
Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea she was from California. I met her at one of the Gatherings (2010, I think) and she is on the Registry at times too.

Old 03-26-2015   #56
Okiedoke

Default Re: Blackhawk Car's and Coffee (April 5, 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Howzit Jeff,

In communication with Coupe89 (Todd) and Okiedoke (Harry), it seems there might be 5 of us so far. Both mentioned Glkuntz (Gary) is also a regular there and should be attending
Glkuntz (Gary) confirmed he will be attending.
1991 ZR-1 #405 (white/black with blue pin stripes)
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015   #57
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Blackhawk Car's and Coffee (April 5, 2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
Glkuntz (Gary) confirmed he will be attending.
Thanks Harry! It sounds great and we'll have our own Mini Gathering in a few weeks.

Old 04-04-2015   #58
Z51JEFF

It looks like this is going to get rained out. If everybody can push this back to the May event that would work. I'll be there.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015   #59
HAWAIIZR-1

I was hoping the weather was going to change, but I'm out too and will see you folks in May.