ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013   #1
rkreigh

Default Twin Turbo ZR-1 musing

I know the raptor kit is a great alternative, but I've been thinking about this alot lately

use a set of 93 stock manifolds with a short fabricated "stub pipe" welded directly to them for the turbos.

relocate the battery so the air intakes could be positioned in the fender gills to simplify the plumbing.

run the cold side from the turbo compressor up over the inner fender like LPE did. nice TTiX style front mount intercooler with "cool tanks" (fabricated cooling jackets on the end tanks to allow chilling the intercooler for racing). there is lots of room up front for a good intercooler. a small pump and ice tank would be all thats needed to "precool" the intercooler for a drag strip pass

use a megasquirt for controlling the secondary injectors with the wide band o2s to help with tuning. retain the stock ecm for the spark control, and ez part throttle tuning. run a BIG secondary injector, an 80 lb should do it. upgrade the stock intank fuel pumps with bosch pumps to provide enough fuel for 1000 hp (probably only need to replace the secondary pump)

and for all this consulting work help me install some big liners in the LSV 390, freshen it up with low compression pistons, and I'll trade you my nice Stg II cams for a nice set of stock 93-95 cams.

before I go I need to build a TT ZR-1. after riding around in an LPE TT car with Will B. I just won't be right until I have one.

and even better, if Raptor and Corey and get the megsquirt thing figured out so we can run the whole thing "plug and play" with the running everything of the megqsquirt, and integrate with the factory dash and wiring, it will really be cool!

I really believe this can be done. with the cost of the modded LT5 coming down it could work.

want to really do it on the cheap? run E85 on a "stock block" with the big injectors and fuel pumps, and you'll make all the power you could ever want and never touch the engine!!!

might even be able to do it just with advanced alchy injection with pump gas. the lt5 engine is pretty strong and the stock pistons aren't all that weak either. 9 psi would work just fine with the right computer system, tuning, and meth injection to keep it from detonating.

exciting stuff don't you think? we have the technology.

how about it FBI guys? good project with Marc and Pete working together

love to see Aaron Scott do more of his TT cars, and of course I'm interested in the Raptor setup.

like Will Smith said in "independence day" I gotz to git me onna deez
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote