school bus or dump truck...
😋
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #12
WARP TEN

Default Re: 95' ZR-1 at Barrett/Jackson - Palm Beach -$23K

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
I'm curious about the 1995. Low mileage, but title reads mileage exempt...Wrong size/offset wheels on a low mileage car? Engine bay looked clean though..........

Illinois is one of the states that doesn't put miles on a title with older cars. I really hate it but that's what they do. So the title says "mileage exempt". That happened when I registered my '95 back in 2012. It had 21,000 miles on it -- which should make it more valuable--but the Illinois DMV would not put it on the title, despite my having a mileage statement filed with the state of California by the seller. Oh well. I just kept detailed service records to show the mileage. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #13
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
COPO Tribute?
Taxi cabs are COPO cars....
Sorta like Big Blocks, no big deal,
you could get a Big Block in a
school bus or dump truck...
😋
I laugh at the same thing. Yenko tribute? I get that. COPO tribute? That's like a tribute to paperwork... My dad's 97 Chevy 3500 van with a 454 is technically a "COPO." His buddy who was a fleet manager slipped the order in so my dad didn't have to wait as long to get the special combo he wanted. Can't wait to cash in on that...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Illinois is one of the states that doesn't put miles on a title with older cars. I really hate it but that's what they do. So the title says "mileage exempt". That happened when I registered my '95 back in 2012. It had 21,000 miles on it -- which should make it more valuable--but the Illinois DMV would not put it on the title, despite my having a mileage statement filed with the state of California by the seller. Oh well. I just kept detailed service records to show the mileage. --Bob
Makes sense. I think the 91 parts car I bought from Washington says exempt on the title.

The picture of the inside of the car makes me wonder. Seats look like more than 5400 miles. And the carpet is filthy. Who the hell doesn't vacuum the carpet to take pictures for Barrett Jackson?

Last edited by spork2367; 04-13-2018 at 10:29 AM.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #14
Mystic ZR-1

Your Dad's COPO/Big Block has to worth $$$
😋
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #15
Vette73

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
I'm curious about the 1995. Low mileage, but title reads mileage exempt...Wrong size/offset wheels on a low mileage car? Engine bay looked clean though.

But yeah, zr1 prices are low and dropping. And with corvette values in general, the perception of high maintenance costs, etc., I'd say they are doomed to stay low for the foreseeable future. Someone who did zero research bought the 1990. C3 prices surprised me a little.

Some other odd prices too. Restored 1977 Land Cruiser, completely back to stock....23k. They had been in the stratosphere. Restored 1936 Rolls Royce for 40k. Restomods, chevelles, camaros, mopars, all originally 6 cyl. or small V8 cars with non original engines and ugly wheels going for 30-50k.

Nice restomod pickups are still selling low. You couldn't come close to building one for what they are selling for. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to do the body work and paint for what some have gone for.
In my experience watching Barrett Jackson , I get the impression a lot of these buyers have disposable income and want what they want, not that there is anything wrong with that...
By the time Saturday rolls around the prices of these cars tick up quite a bit....
Auctions are tough to gauge market value as many of you know already, especially if disposable income is on hand......House paid off, tons of equity,or they sold there cannabis stock at the right time....Unlike me, I got in too late, maybe,will see...
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #16
USAFPILOT

Guess that shows us where the market is
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #17
USAFPILOT

It had the wrong wheels on it and was pretty dirty...the red 95 was the better car and it sold for way better money
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #18
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
Guess that shows us where the market is
Not really. But it shows where the market isn't. Correct wheels for the 95 and a detail job are cheap (relatively). It shows that the market on low mileage late production cars isn't skyrocketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
It had the wrong wheels on it and was pretty dirty...the red 95 was the better car and it sold for way better money
The 1990 was the clean red car. That was stupid money for that car. There are literally better deals on ebay right now. Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-ZR...Va0Bfp&vxp=mtr

or this car which is a forum member:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Chevro...VawtdG&vxp=mtr
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #19
KILLSHOTS

The 1990 was the clean red car. That was stupid money for that car. There are literally better deals on ebay right now. Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-ZR...Va0Bfp&vxp=mtr

or this car which is a forum member:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Chevro...VawtdG&vxp=mtr[/QUOTE]

Yep. Why that buyer didn't simply do some research just boggles my mind. I recently walked away from a 400-mile red '90 at $26K, and this guy paid $44K (including buyer premium) for one with 6000 miles???? Even if that car is perfect in every way and needs nothing, he just took a $15K-plus bath.

Last edited by KILLSHOTS; 04-13-2018 at 02:48 PM.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #20
lfalzarano

Can we only have positive comments...

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry