ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 05-29-2019   #1
Zr1Tracy

Smile 1990 low vin number value 800105

Hello folks
Newbie here...
I have 2 cars
1990 red/tan w 600 miles plastic on seats, window stickers on
1991 red/red targa driver

New to these cars, looking for help on estimated values or interested parties

Any and all help greatly appreciated
Zr1Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #2
efnfast

Default Re: 1990 low vin number value 800105

With limited information, I would think 40 for the new one, 20 at best for the driver. Guys?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #3
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
With limited information, I would think 40 for the new one, 20 at best for the driver. Guys?
Agreed.

And 40 is not the "sell it immediately price," that is "find the right buyer looking for an "as new" ZR-1," price.

OP: You have to remember, while that is lower mileage than most, there are a lot of these cars with less than 5k miles out there.

I think that 40k is also the "sorted out" price in my opinion. That means new injectors, probably fuel pumps, cleaned and detailed with all original literature, tools, etc.

I would say the sell it immediately price is probably 35k.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #4
KILLSHOTS

Based on my experience, the 600-mile example is likely a sub-30K car. A sub-1000 mile ZR-1 is not a rarity.
KILLSHOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #5
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLSHOTS View Post
Based on my experience, the 600-mile example is likely a sub-30K car. A sub-1000 mile ZR-1 is not a rarity.
True, although for the right buyer it might be worth a little more. Mecum sold a similar low mileage '90 last year for about $30k as I recall. OP could probably search some of the auction results to see what similar cars have sold for. When I bought my '95 in 2012 I paid up (in the high $20s) for the car because it was exactly what I was looking for, right colors, low mileage and only two owners. Sold it high too (high $30s) in 2016, but only after I had invested enough to lose $20k on my ownership. But I did love it while I had it and wish I still had garage room to buy it back.--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #6
Zr1Tracy

Good morning to you all. And thank you for all of your replies so far.
I will get more information and some pictures for you guys. I believe also the driver should be in the value of low 20s. It is extremely nice condition. The red on red looks great and with the tinted targa roof.

As for the “new” car. It’s hard to hear it’s forcasted value as it’s so great to have a car in its condition. It’s been under a cover in a warm southern Cali garage for many years. It also was auctioned off and purchased by the current owner from a long time ago celebrity from tv’ s the rifle man
Don’t believe that ads any value, but possibly coolness?

I guess I cannot open pictures here yet?

Last edited by Zr1Tracy; 05-29-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-29-2019   #7
kr1276

I paid $32,500 plus Mecum fees for my 1990 ZR-1 with only 367 miles at Kissimmee in Jan 2019. The car is definitely original but it still has all the little things that need to be repaired to that year car. I have already done the headlamps, seat pumps, seat bladders, fuel sender, fuel pumps, and have the injectors to install now. Next up will be the Bose system. All else seems to be fine. I probably could have left the fuel pump and sender as the tank was clean and fuel was good but it needed injectors so I wanted to do it all at once and have a fresh start.
kr1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #8
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr1Tracy View Post
Good morning to you all. And thank you for all of your replies so far.
I will get more information and some pictures for you guys. I believe also the driver should be in the value of low 20s. It is extremely nice condition. The red on red looks great and with the tinted targa roof.

As for the “new” car. It’s hard to hear it’s forcasted value as it’s so great to have a car in its condition. It’s been under a cover in a warm southern Cali garage for many years. It also was auctioned off and purchased by the current owner from a long time ago celebrity from tv’ s the rifle man
Don’t believe that ads any value, but possibly coolness?

I guess I cannot open pictures here yet?
What hurts the low mileage cars in the ZR-1 market is that percentage wise, there are more low mileage cars than not. So yours is in the majority overall. Yours is also the most common color and year. You'd do much better if you had a quasar blue 1993 or a 94/95 admiral blue car.

Just a ballpark, but I would guess that 10% of the ZR-1s still out there (600-650) have less than 1000 miles on them, and their value is going nowhere, so there is no advantage in the here and now to owning a low mileage car. On top of that, there is maintenance that was almost certainly never done. Buying one with mileage that low, a person is hoping to see a jump in value. There is no reason to buy that low a mileage car as a driver.

In today's market, I'd rather buy a well kept 20-30k mile car with known maintenance and not feel bad about driving it every day. Maybe it jumps in value soon, if not I'd still be happy.
Old 05-29-2019   #9
Zr1Tracy

Again thanks to all.
I do understand about the cars condition and housesitting can allow things to go bad. Unfortunately for this estate they believed the car would have a lot more value by keeping it and not driving. An old-school way of thinking for sure.
Given its current state, I believe it good to be in a show room of collection at this point more than getting it driving? What do you guys think about that? And yes the value at the low $30-35k range
Old 05-29-2019   #10
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr1Tracy View Post
Again thanks to all.
I do understand about the cars condition and housesitting can allow things to go bad. Unfortunately for this estate they believed the car would have a lot more value by keeping it and not driving. An old-school way of thinking for sure.
Given its current state, I believe it good to be in a show room of collection at this point more than getting it driving? What do you guys think about that? And yes the value at the low $30-35k range
Most of the people who would spend the money to add a ZR-1 to a static car collection are going to be looking for the odd color combinations and later years. On top of that, these cars just don't have the collectability at this point in time.

I would market this towards the buyer who likes the idea of super low mileage, doesn't mind putting in the money/time to do the required maintenance (2-3k) and will drive the car, but keep the mileage relatively low. "A future collectible in the making."