ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1/ZR1 Corvette Shows & Events

Old 01-18-2023   #11
LarryMow

Default Re: MOUNTAIN RUN 9 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
When you go to the ZR-1 NET Registry home page you should see a couple of boxes to either register or login. If you have not renewed membership for 2023 you will need to do that and then be logged in as a member before you can see the MR9 signup that is located in the marketplace/store. Note: this is not the same as your login to the forums. The process, altho it might seem a bit confusing, is fairly straight forward. If you can't make it work, PM me with a good email & phone number and I'll walk you through it.
Ahh well that would explain it. That being said I went ahead and paid my membership fee. If you remember Ive got a GS but I hope thats not a big deal. Along with the members of my home Vette club I cant think of anyone cooler or nicer than the people here. Hope to see everyone at MR9!
LarryMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023   #12
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMow View Post
Ahh well that would explain it. That being said I went ahead and paid my membership fee. If you remember Ive got a GS but I hope thats not a big deal. Along with the members of my home Vette club I cant think of anyone cooler or nicer than the people here. Hope to see everyone at MR9!
Grand Sports are wonderful Corvettes. A mutual bond between Grand Sport owners and ZR-1/ZR1 owners has existed since the 4th generation and several of us have dual membership in both registries.
Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023   #13
Mystic ZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Will the BG C4 Gathering follow afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Any news on this?
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023   #14
Gunny

Gathering 2023 info is now posted in the C4 ZR-1 General Postings.
Old 02-06-2023   #15
XfireZ51

So George, what if u r not a Registry member? Can?t participate in MR9?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023   #16
Gunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
So George, what if u r not a Registry member? Can?t participate in MR9?
Beginning with last year's MR8 the annual Mountain Run became a ZR-1 Net Registry event for members. There is no fee to register for the Mountain Run but one must be a member.
Old 02-06-2023   #17
Vette Guy

Thanks Gunny!

If anyone experiences an issue getting registered, please first check that you are logged into the website. If the issue persists, please contact us at webmaster@zr1netregistry.com. We'll get you setup!

Regarding the Registry's MR9 Event, it's not only a membership benefit, but also provides the Registry and its organizers (Gunny & Glenn) liability protection should anything occur. Non-members are not permitted per our liability coverage.

Membership is still only $35 a year (After initial $45 first year for US residents), and if you join / renew now, you'll have your membership t-shirt and badge ready for MR9!
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023   #18
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Beginning with last year's MR8 the annual Mountain Run became a ZR-1 Net Registry event for members. There is no fee to register for the Mountain Run but one must be a member.
Thanks.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023   #19
Mystic ZR-1

Will this policy be in effect for "The Gathering"?
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023   #20
ZR1North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Will this policy be in effect for "The Gathering"?
Afternoon Doug,

Since NCM no longer sponsors The Gathering as of 2022, we have to rely on the ZR-1 Net Registry website for Gathering registration. Even if we have a "no cost" event, but have a need for a headcount for planning, we'd have to use our website for registration. This will be the case of Gathering 2023; details will follow shortly as we work through a few more logistics.

We expect that some offerings that are part of Gathering 2023 will be free, while others will have a charge; we'll know more shortly on this differentiation and will post accordinagly when the information is available.

Finally and re insuarance, as Gunny and Mark noted in previous posts, liability for group events, whether they are on-track events or otherwise, has become more of an issue in recent years. It is much more practicle for a club to secure such insurance than for an individual or a small group of individuals. Our Registry has such insurance and as long as event participants are Registry members, all are covered. It is largely for this reason that the MRs became Registry-sponsored events per se, and it's why participants needed to be Registry members.

So, will people need to be Registry members to particpate in Gathering 2023? While details are still being sorted out for this event, it's likely that the isurance consideration will play into this calculation, and it's likely that folks would need to be members to participate for the reasons noted - a more definitive answer will follow. That said and as Mark noted, ZR-1 Net Registry membership reamins one of the greatest deals on the planet, so we trust that anyone that would have to purchase a 2023 membership to particpate in Gathering 2023 would find it a great investement.

I hope this helps fellow members with similar questions.

Thanks,

Bob Lambe
ZR1North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mountain run, mr9