ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2024   #31
zyal8r

Default Re: New replacement windshields

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
I am curious?would it be possible for some with tinting experience to create a tint material template to replicate the appearance of the radar detector cutout? Something that could be applied to a regular windshield prior to installation? I know that wouldn?t satisfy the NCRS but maybe it would look right to casual observers. Or maybe just can?t be done well. Anyway just wondering. ? Bob

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Hi Bob. I took this question to a local tint shop back when I first bought my ZR-1 (August, 2021). As I've posted here in other threads, mine has got to be the absolute worst out there... at the time, I don't believe that the reproduction windshields had been announced, and David's run of them was depleted. The local shop said they could replicate the look, including the cutout. The tint would be regular window tint, and would best be done before the windshield would be installed in the car. I paused upon hearing about the new run of reproductions with the proper "sandwiched-inside" tinting... I have really been waiting to go that route, but, two years plus in, now, I am really sad I can't drive it very far. It's such an awesome car, I want so badly to drive it. I'm getting impatient, so I may end up going this route if we don't get an update soon. Of course, it will be right after I do this, that the reproductions will be released!

FWIW...

Mike
1995 ZR-1 #004 - Yellow/Black
1996 LT4 #3828 - Yellow/Beige/LT4/Z51 - 1 of 4
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote