ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-07-2023   #1
secondchance

Default WhyZeeS414

I tried to respond to your message but looks like your set up is blocking my reply.
Nevertheless;

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyZeeS414
secondchance,

I see from the forum that you have experience rebuilding the starter solenoid. I have the "dreaded no start" in my 95 ZR-1 with 20K miles and have narrowed down to the starter solenoid. Do you recall the length of the plunger you used in your rebuild? The tech at Nations Starter/Alternator is confident that 96.7 mm OAL is the correct fitment. I see some on the forum who claim the correct length is 100.5 mm but it looks like they are dealing with early 90's MY which may have used a different starter. Thanks for your input.

Sorry for the late response.
I never did measure the plunger. I just compared it to the one removed so I can?t be of much help with the length. Also, I?m pretty sure 90 and later cars have the same starter.
One tip though, when you bolt down the contact, they have a tendency to twist a bit resulting in slightly tilted contact area. Tap it down with flat end of 1/2? extension end or something similar. Otherwise, angled contact reduces the life of service.
Scott
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote