ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-13-2023   #1
RedThunder

Default While I'm at it, Another Electrical Question

During a drive to a vette show yesterday, the early morning, low sun was in my eyes. I pulled down the visor and noticed the mirror light was on (with the cover down). I checked the passenger side, and nope....no mirror light.

Later, at the show, I checked the mirror light with the car parked and the engine off. No mirror light.

A second issue I noticed at yesterday's show was my rear hatch lights stayed on as long as I had it open....they never shut off during a specific time like the other interior and rearview mirror light). I went so far as to remove the courtesy lights fuse and the hatch lights remained on.

I hate to sound stupid, and I have the electrical shop manual (which I can't understand anyway), so I thought I'd bring the question(s) here to see if anybody else has had a similar prob or can shed some light on things (pun intended).
RedThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023   #2
RedThunder

Default Re: While I'm at it, Another Electrical Question

DISREGARD....please. A major dumba** was apparently behind the wheel.

But I would like to explain myself.....I wear eye glasses that transition to sun glasses. I'm sure others do as well.

However, in sunshine, they go blind level dark on me. It makes it very hard to do any work outside. In this case, sunshine is why I was attempting to use the visor (and noticed the mirror light on).

I did NOT/could NOT see the switch on the side of the mirror in the "transitioned darkness" of the cockpit (plus I was driving at 70-75 MPH at the time and trying to pay attention outside the car).

Once, outside at the show, that was it for the day and the darkness level was even worse as I made a quick check when the key was off.

Searching for my own answers after posting earlier, I found a picture of the visor/vanity mirror in my car....and in the photo I could easily see the switch by simply checking my own visor again and, with the key on, the switch was in the on position. DOH!!!

I'm glad I can't hear the laughter. But, live and learn, right?
RedThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023   #3
WARP TEN

Default Re: While I'm at it, Another Electrical Question

Always glad when someone solves a problem simply and easily. Nothing wrong with that. And I am sure no one else here has ever experienced a situation like this where you thought you had a problem and found out later you didn't. I think I am living and learning at an increased rate as I get older, so don't feel bad. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote