ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 08-21-2015   #1
Atari_Prime

Default Wanted: 93' to 95' ZR-1

Hello,

I am in the market for a C4 ZR-1. I would prefer a 1993 to 1995 but am willing to consider all years.

I am also willing to consider Callaway Corvettes of similar years.

I have seen several posted here and might be interested in those. It can be hard to tell what is still for sale sometimes. Feel free to send me a message and I promise I will consider it.

My ideal ZR-1 is a 93'-95'. Black, Polo Green, or Red. Saddle Interior. No modifications or at least easily restorable to factory. Under 50k miles, preferably under 30k. It doesn't have to be a perfect car, but at least show car ready.

I would prefer to avoid anything with extremely low miles. I want something I can drive once in a while without feeling guilty.

The closer to Los Angeles the better but not required. Just creates a headache to look at the car if it is not.

Price: Let's keep it fair. You know what is excessive.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Atari
Atari_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #2
WARP TEN

Default Re: Wanted: 93' to 95' ZR-1

My Green/Beige '95 is still available. One of the last ZR-1s produced. Here is the link to the thread in the for sale section. http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24540 Many here in the ZR-1 Net Registry can and have vouched for the car. I have owned ZR-1s for most of the last 20 years and Marc Haibeck does all the work on my car. I bought it completely stock in 2012 from an owner who had it since 1999. It was originally sold in California and despite having the Haibeck 510 HP package, looks stock and I am sure Marc could returned it to completely stock and able to pass California emissions with the available takeoff parts. If you are interested, please PM, email or call. --Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 95PoloZR1Exterior (3).jpg (174.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Engine (6).jpg (243.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 95PoloZR1Interior (1).jpg (123.2 KB, 1 views)
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-22-2015 at 11:17 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #3
efnfast

I've driven Warp Ten. Peach of a car. Certainly worth consideration.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #4
Atari_Prime

Hello Warp,

It is certainly a very pretty car. As far as appearance goes it is exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't know the value if the modifications, I'm sure they are considerable. My only concern is the overall price. There are many pristine examples of 95' ZR-1s selling for under $30k and with lower miles. I think the cars are woth more but window delamination combined with the availability of parts has the market somewhat scared of ZR-1s.

It is probably a more fun car with the current setup. The mods are not something I'm looking for though. If you would be interested in discussing it without the mods we might be able to come up with something.
Old 08-22-2015   #5
mike100

I live in North County. You are welcome to drive mine as a baseline 40k mile car if it would help you compare to other cars you might see. There is a chance I might be up at the Costa Mesa cars and coffee next Saturday. Every car is a little different and you are right about finding a driver if you want to avoid being inundated with many repairs from trying to press a garage queen back into daily service. If anything, the interiors and trim cost more to restore than the rest.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #6
Atari_Prime

I test drove a really nice 1990 today. With only 15,000 miles. It has been a garage queen most of it's life. Strangely it is in worse condition than I expected. It has both tops but the liner is falling down out of the painted top. There was some clearcoat issues with the wheels. And swirl marks in the paint. Maybe it's been washed too much. And significant delamination on the windshield.

The only major concern I had was on the passenger side at the beginning of the door next to the quarter panel in front of the hood. There is a gash in the door about an eighth of an inch long and about half as deep. I didn't quite understand what was going on there but upon further inspection there is a metal shim that aligns the quarter panel and it appears as though it came loose at some point or shook loose over time and turned in a diagonal position and basically cut a groove in the door. It appears to have been doing that for a long time and no one noticed or cared.

Outside of that it is all original except for Borla exhaust and Nitto tires someone put on it. Not too happy about that.

I am currently debating whether to get the car or not. It's not my ideal year but it is a great car. I'm just not sure if I want to have to fix things as soon as I buy the car. On the upside the price is great.

Am I being too picky? Thoughts?
Old 08-22-2015   #7
efnfast

Pickiness is price dependent.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #8
Atari_Prime

You make a short but astute argument.
Old 08-22-2015   #9
mike100

I used to worry about that stuff until I got road chips and a spot on the door. I have learned how to polish clear coat though so at least I'm rolling swirl free. Not very many cars are absolutely cherry, or without an oil leak or two. Headlines sag with age (we are talking GM headliners after all) and windshield delam is age related as well.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015   #10
XfireZ51

Condition/mileage of the car is inversely proportional to how much fun you have driving it.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote