ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-31-2014   #1
secondchance

Default Counter measure to red light cam/speed cam

I got tired of having my pictures taken so I dug up an old Nuvi, downloaded red light cam/speed cam locations from POI factory website and uploaded into the Nuvi as POIs.
Rather then plugging into the cigar lighter I bought a hard wire kt for the Nuvi off the Ebay and tapped into the driver side power window circuit (turns off when the ignition is turned off) - works like a charm!
just need to remember to download and update cam locations periodically.

secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #2
Racinfan83

Default Re: Counter measure to red light cam/speed cam

Better way to defeat them is to get active in groups like wrongonred.com and work with your elected officials to get rid of the unconstitutional scameras... We have had several municipalities drop them around here due to courts ruling against them - and my county councilmen got a charter amendment put on the ballot here to eliminate them anywhere in the county - which once it passes will null and void the one city that still has em. And it will pass by a landslide. Sorry but I hate the things with a passion.
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014   #3
Hog

Default Re: Counter measure to red light cam/speed cam

Speed cams suck, but some people are retards at running red lights. Instead of a camera, there needs to be a huge guillotine that comes down on your car when running a red.

I saw a show last night about policeing in the big USA cities and they had these big extendable watch towers, kinda like the forest fire towers. Cameras everywhere. Looked like a battle zone, esp. with all the leftover military equipent that US police agencies are getting.
It's a different world out there these days. Big brother is watching, or at least recording for later use.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote