ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-10-2022   #41
dandt67

Default Re: Gathering 2022

Made it home okay. Thanks to Bob, Mark, and Dennis for all their work in making BG possible this year, but most of all thanks to the team led by Jim (WAZOO) that turned a nightmare into an amazing experience.
After a smooth 10 hour ride to get to BG on Wed, the car developed a serious engine problem the next morning which turned out to be two dead primary fuel injectors. On Saturday under the leadership and technical knowledge of Jim (Maryland), with team members Paul (Missouri), Steve (New Hampshire) , Charlie (Maryland), Matt (Germany), Ernie (Georgia) and myself. We were able to finally get two new fuel injectors installed under less-than-ideal working conditions. The car made the 10 hour trip back to Maryland easily. Also Thanks to all who provided support. This is what makes the ZR-1 group the best in the Corvette world !!!THANKS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220507_121311.jpg (133.8 KB, 63 views)

1991 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #1470
2016 Z06/Z07 Long Beach Red Tintcoat
dandt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022   #42
dredgeguy

Had a blast and great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Special thanks to our events director Bob for organizing this with so many moving parts....not easy. Many, many thanks to Marc Haibeck for taking the time to figure out my AC issue........had a good cool ride home with our group. Drag racing was so much fun, happy nothing broke! Now let's start thinking of Carlisle!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022   #43
Matt B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandt67 View Post
Made it home okay. Thanks to Bob, Mark, and Dennis for all their work in making BG possible this year, but most of all thanks to the team led by Jim (WAZOO) that turned a nightmare into an amazing experience.
After a smooth 10 hour ride to get to BG on Wed, the car developed a serious engine problem the next morning which turned out to be two dead primary fuel injectors. On Saturday under the leadership and technical knowledge of Jim (Maryland), with team members Paul (Missouri), Steve (New Hampshire) , Charlie (Maryland), Matt (Germany), Ernie (Georgia) and myself. We were able to finally get two new fuel injectors installed under less-than-ideal working conditions. The car made the 10 hour trip back to Maryland easily. Also Thanks to all who provided support. This is what makes the ZR-1 group the best in the Corvette world !!!THANKS!!!
Great your ZR made it back home safely! Only 14 more to go now [emoji3]
ZR-1 #638/1991
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022   #44
G-Sting

This was also the first Gathering I'd been able to make and wow. Was great meeting so many in our ZR-1 group and many spouses, swapping stories, receiving driving tips on the track, and plenty of laughs. Thanks to all (Mark, Bob, Dennis, others) who organized and led this!

dandt67 - what a classic story and photo of the kind of folks we have!

A few pics...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf P1020076.pdf (3.62 MB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf P1020073.pdf (2.83 MB, 29 views)
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022   #45
Vette Guy

One of the best Gatherings we?ve had! What a great group of people! Had the opportunity to spend time with so many neat folks and get to have fun with them. The bar was packed each night?. Quite a few late nights there. Super big thanks to Bob and Linda - they raised the bar on putting on events! Super couple I?m lucky to be on the board with (Bob). Also huge kudos to Mikey and Ray for sharing not only their driving experience with us during performance driving training, but best of all their passion. They made the track day a total experience for our first-timers and helped develop skills for those who returned to do it again. Exhilarating time on track for everyone. Another huge kudo to both Marc and Jim, who spent part of the Gathering helping others get their ZR-1s sorted out. I know Jim too long to know that he lives for this! His traveling tool kit might not be big, but has always had the right tools for every job! I had breakfast with Marc, who was excited about the opportunity to hunt down Charlie?s electrical A/C gremlin - he was really eager to solve the mystery! Made so many more friends this trip, from Dan Noble and his wife who documented the entire time for their YouTube channel, to Frank Ellis and his son Frank who I could have spent hours more talking with. Frank (dad) was a big influence in the C4 racing community, among other racing endeavors that Chevrolet supported - including testing the KOTH at all the tracks across the United States and Canada?. via the series called Corvette Challenge. The tours were a lot of fun, and Ted and Dennis turned me on to some awesome bourbons? not sure if that?s good or bad, but we had a lot of fun. Food was incredible at each stop - no disappointments?. Even the hot dog at Beech Bend taste great as a large group of us were cheering on all who drag raced that evening. Awesome to see Steve, Charlie, Marc, Mike and the FL Steve run. It was the perfect night as the track was sticky and temps were cool. All around great time - I really missed you guys!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022   #46
WARP TEN

Sounds like it was great fun and I am very sorry I missed it this year. Hope we will be able to do it again next year. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022   #47
randy ransome

Yeah I hate I missed it too. I was at Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Resort trying to learn how to Road Race and Auto-Cross my new C8.
Hopefully make it next year to The Gathering because it's Always a Large Time.

randy ransome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022   #48
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Many thanks to those that organized it all. I missed some of the scheduled events unfortunately because I was hanging with friends and fixing cars.
Yeah, whata bummer: Hangin' out with friends, fixin' cars, having some laughs and memories, fine eatin' and brewski's n BS for 3 whole days n nights! Oh! Did I miss something???

It was one of the best gatherings - far as reacquainted w/ old friends and meeting new ones. We even saw ppl from Oregon and Canada and Germany!

My personal favorite activity was the track day. I learned a lot (more) far as what my Z and the tires (especially) could tolerate! One thing 4 sure...dem drag radials ain't no fun when it is raining (on the track especially!) After going maybe half of full-out on the curves and 'hair-pins' and breaking hard enough to trigger the ABS, one can really appreciate the engineering of our cars a LOT MORE than (I'd guess) 90%(?) of most Corvette owners ever appreciate. And, watching the C7 and C8s (lead cars, pro driven) run the route like they were immune to drifting - "like they were on rails" is the popular term.

Anywayz...it was a blast. Wish some of the rest of yaz coulda made it too!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022   #49
efnfast

Didn't miss a thing Paul, it was a great time. Boy was it good to see everybody!
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022   #50
Jetjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandt67 View Post

I've seen Gordon do this out in the parking lot during one of the Gatherings. The guy had 6 of the fuel injectors go bad on him and a guy that I knew had a complete set of injectors with him as he had attended the ZR-1 school that Gordon ran before the Gathering and he3 changed them out because he could. The injectors were perfectly ok. You had ther A Team there that day.

Roy

If I feel the need for speed,
I just think about flying the B-777.

1989 Dk Blue Coupe lost in divorce
1991 Black Coupe SOLD
1992 Black ZR-1 #423 SOLD!
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary ZR-1 #334
1995 Black ZR-1 taken by ex-wife
2002 Pewter Coupe no idea where it is
2003 50th Anniversary Corvette #No idea what number SOLD!
ZR-1 Net Registry #516
Grand Sport Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime #1468
ZR-1 Net Registry Board Secretary
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote