ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
bradd15

Default Issue with underbody pictures

I have been looking at ZR1's for sometime now and have received alot of good advice from mainly forum members and a few outside sources.
Anyway, as I have gotten closer to pulling the trigger I have asked (dealers and private parties) about any underbody pics they may have. It can be on a lift or just reaching underneath to snap a few if possible. If it cant be done for whatever reason- no problem.
I just wanted to see if anyone else who is looking to purchase asks the same. I did get a response from someone basically saying no because there is nothing to see.

Thanks for any input.
bradd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Issue with underbody pictures

IMHO, if the dealer of private seller is not willing to provide photos of the underbody pictures I would move on. It is not that difficult to do for a prospective buyer and they should be willing to do so. What is there to hide and why would they not want the buyer to see and know all about the car for a good, solid transaction?

Especially on C4s where idiots do not know how to lift the car properly and have damaged floors. One person here bought one with big damage to the floor and frame that was not known until long after purchase. In addition you can see obvious leaks and overall condition and care of the car, especially from certain parts of the country with salted roads, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

Last edited by HAWAIIZR-1; 1 Week Ago at 05:39 AM.
HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Z51JEFF

This is one of the most important areas to look at when considering a a purchase and the most overlooked. As stated if a seller isn't willing to send you a some pictures,there's something there to hide.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
conesare2seconds

I?ll offer this: I have a Qwiklift, but without it, would have difficulty getting underbody photos beyond what I could take by laying down and reaching under the car with the camera or phone. If that would be sufficient, great, but someone who wanted more might be disappointed. Not everyone has a buddy with a lift.
conesare2seconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
bradd15

Quote:
Originally Posted by conesare2seconds View Post
I?ll offer this: I have a Qwiklift, but without it, would have difficulty getting underbody photos beyond what I could take by laying down and reaching under the car with the camera or phone. If that would be sufficient, great, but someone who wanted more might be disappointed. Not everyone has a buddy with a lift.
Very good point. I have gotten a few pics of someone laying down and getting what they could which has helped alot.
Of course if its not possible I understand - no issues at all. I was just surprised when a got a response asking what the point was for getting pictures.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
bradd15

Once I received that response I just moved on. Especially when I noticed there is possibility a catback exhaust but can't receive an information about it.