ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2012   #1
VetteMed

Default Rear view mirror with compass!

2024 Edit:

Since I'm getting bombarded with emails now, this thread needs an update.

The source mirrors for the conversion have become very scarce, so I stopped searching for them and stopped doing the conversions *years* ago. As of 4/29/24 I have a couple of adapters remaining, that's all.

__________________________________________________ _______

After many months of trial and error, and lots of bad ebay purchases, I've come up with a plug-and-play option for a rear view mirror with a compass, with the correct display color to match the C4 dash illumination. The mirror also retains the map lights, and the courtesy light function of the map lights when the door opens. I also added an orange LED for the ambient light on the console, just like the stock mirror. Mirror also has electrochromic auto-dimming.

I have also developed a plug-and-play harness, to adapt the mirror right into the stock C4 wiring, without the end user needing to cut a single wire.

And here's the excellent adapters that Carter machined up for me! Really nice workmanship on these pieces!

I also can now make the same mirror with an outside temperature readout as well, great for the guys with manual AC without the temperature display in the dash! Pricing not finalized for this option yet, but I expect it to come in around $100 more than the compass-only mirror.

-Andrew
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)

Last edited by VetteMed; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:19 AM.
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote