ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-22-2016   #1
WARP TEN

Default Sorry to bring up an old gripe but...

I still keep getting kicked off the forum after I log in. Happened five or six times this morning as I tried to respond to a thread, then later tried to edit the thread. Every time I would write a response, when I hit "Submit" it would say I wasn't logged in, even though my screen name was still at the top of the page. Then every time I tired to edit the post I was finally able to post after three tries. Can this really just be my system? Or is there a problem with the website itself? Will there ever be a solution to it? --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #2
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Sorry to bring up an old gripe but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
I still keep getting kicked off the forum after I log in. Happened five or six times this morning as I tried to respond to a thread, then later tried to edit the thread. Every time I would write a response, when I hit "Submit" it would say I wasn't logged in, even though my screen name was still at the top of the page. Then every time I tired to edit the post I was finally able to post after three tries. Can this really just be my system? Or is there a problem with the website itself? Will there ever be a solution to it? --Bob
Hi Bob,

FWIW, I've monitored your saga, and through it all I've NEVER had an issue with either my laptop nor the cell phone. It sounds like you may have a "virus" (or something)? Compare your computor to your cell 'smart phone' and note whether there is an issue w/ either or BOTH!

Paul

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #3
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Hi Bob,

FWIW, I've monitored your saga, and through it all I've NEVER had an issue with either my laptop nor the cell phone. It sounds like you may have a "virus" (or something)? Compare your computor to your cell 'smart phone' and note whether there is an issue w/ either or BOTH!

Paul
Hi Paul-- No virus. It only happens on this forum, not on any other. I run Windows 7 Pro, IE 11, I clear cookies each time IE closes. Bit Defender and Malware Bytes. In fact, after signing in just now, when I went to respond to your email, I got bounced. signed in again. Now I will try to post this response and see what happens. But I am copying this first just in case. --Bob

Edit: Had to log on twice more to be able to post this. Again, no issues on any other forum or website. Sometimes checking the "Remember Me" box delays getting kicked off a bit. But I shouldn't have to check that every time. If no one else has this problem I will assume it must be my system regardless of the lack of explanation for it and I will not complain about it further. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 08-22-2016 at 02:17 PM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #4
Bearly Flying

I have encountered the same issue quite frequently and only on this forum.
05 FJR 1300 Yamaha (Long Distance, Sport Touring)
And a whole whack of RC Planes
Bearly Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #5
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
Hi Paul-- No virus. It only happens on this forum, not on any other. I run Windows 7 Pro, IE 11, I clear cookies each time IE closes. Bit Defender and Malware Bytes. In fact, after signing in just now, when I went to respond to your email, I got bounced. signed in again. Now I will try to post this response and see what happens. But I am copying this first just in case. --Bob

Edit: Had to log on twice more to be able to post this. Again, no issues on any other forum or website. Sometimes checking the "Remember Me" box delays getting kicked off a bit. But I shouldn't have to check that every time. If no one else has this problem I will assume it must be my system regardless of the lack of explanation for it and I will not complain about it further. --Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearly Flying View Post
I have encountered the same issue quite frequently and only on this forum.

You guys aren't alone - it's an issue that I've not spent near as much time being bothered by it as I might have earlier. I'll be logged in attempt a post and get immediately notified to LOGIN and presented with the login box. Is it an everyday thing NO but more often than I'd think it needs to or should. I've no issues with any other forum. It seems to not matter if the REMEMBER ME is "ticked" or not. I've got so I just move on .............
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #6
carter200

I had that happen and it was a setting in my browser. I would first change to Mozilla Firefox for your browser as IE is old and fading fast. Go to tools, options and you be able to find what you need there. Mine is fine and yours will be, too.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #7
bdw18_123

I'm still having this same issue as well. Some days it's worse than others. Like today, I've had to re-login 3-4 times in just 10 mins or so. Other days it only does it maybe once. And like everyone else having this issue, its only on this forum and it started after all those forum issues were fixed back aways.

It's irritating, but I don't know of any solution, so I've just been dealing with it.

Carter, could you expand on exactly what setting in Firefox you are referring to that fixed this issue for you?

1990 Corvette ZR-1 [/B][I]
White/Flame Red, #2299, mostly stock, 144K miles.[/I]
-Cams timed to the '93-'95 405HP LT5 stock timing.
-IAT sensor relocated to below front bumper.
-Haibeck hoops installed in airduct.
-OBX cat-back exhaust.
[COLOR=DarkRed][B](SOLD - December 2012 [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed][B]:hello:)[/B][/COLOR]

1993 Corvette Coupe
Black/Black, 6-speed
(SOLD - October 2009 :hello:)
bdw18_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #8
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

FIREFOX... Is my browser. No problems (FYI)...

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #9
carter200

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdw18_123 View Post
Carter, could you expand on exactly what setting in Firefox you are referring to that fixed this issue for you?
I'm not sure which one cause I looked at and adjusted a few that can't remember which one did it but if you look at the top edge of your screen you'll see "tools", click on that then on the drop down menu choose "options". You'll now have a bunch of choices on the left side and just peruse thru them and you'll find the choice that takes care of your issue.
Hope this helps but first make sure your do a free download of Mozilla Firefox and make it your default browser. You'll be glad you did!

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016   #10
Kevin

I've been following this thread and hoping to come to a resolution but sadly I don't have one for you. I'll try and do some googling but this week is pretty busy